• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung A15 5G

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
Needed a new phone, so I decided on the Samsung A15 5G 128MB and I went with T-Mobile. My Samsung A32 5G 64MB from Metro By T-Mobile phone was getting a little long in the tooth. Great phone tho and picture quality was really nice. I added a 64gb memory card for xtra storage. The A32 was unlocked so I was able to use it on the freebie carrier (Gov), but then after 2 years of a free ride, it ended. So I went back to Metro for $35 a month.

I noticed my A32 was eating up battery power more than nominal, so I figured a new phone was due. I got back to Metro and asked about any specials. Sales rep tried to push on me the A15 for $500, but would give me a $150 discount so I would have to pay out of pocket $350. Yeah..right. :rofl:

So I drove by a T-Mobile store near me and wanted to just check things out. Sales rep there was pretty cool and answered all of my 100 questions :LOL:. He sold me on the A15, and I got an otter case and screen protector for free. Out the door it cost me a total of $62 bux and $40 per month with autopay. I told him I was a military vet and over 55 so I got a several discounts. Ported my numba over and batta-bing, batta-boom done deal.

The A15 5G is a really sweet phone. Picture quality is great, alittle better over the A32. Double the memory and my added 64gb mem card gives me plenty of storage for my grandkids pictures. As for battery life, time will tell, but I did notice when charged overnight to 100% and using it all day, power life was at 84%. My A32 sucked down twice as much for the same usage. So the A32 is retired as a back-up/emergency phone.

The whole shopping experience was really pleasant and smooth. Making the switch was quick. I wasn't pressured in anyway for extras, tho the sales rep did mention it, which I politely declined and he didn't push it any further.

Fone.jpg

Wait, I'm confused, someone tried to sell you a Samsung a15 5g for $500? Now? It's $200 new on Amazon, it's technically a budget phone :shock:
Yup. He thought I was stupid enough to fall for it. It's $180 on ebay unlocked. I looked at him when he told me how much and I actually said: " Are you farkin' kidding me??" :sly:

I just checked the Metro website. The A15 5G is $0 for new customers (list $239.99). They have a deal right now where an existing customer can get it for $49.99.

I have had Metro for 7 years and am considering switching to T-Mobile because some their policies. I went with a friend to Metro to get a new phone and switch to them. The advertised new customer price for a Samsung A53 5G was $50. He was told that he would have to pay $180 since his old carrier used the T-Mobile network. That meant the only new customers that were eligible for the discount price were those coming from AT&T, Verizon, or those using their networks. I verified this by calling their customer support. Does that make sense? Do any other phone providers do this?

Me thinks every Metro store is operated differently. I had swapped over from the Gov phone back to metro like 2 weeks ago. Then like 3 days ago I was having issues with connections to their network. Right left corner would always show "Searching" instead of the "Metro by Tmobile". I went to that store and told them the issue. Hindi sales rep first says " oh, it could be the snow" I look out the store's windows..not a flake in sight :eh?: Then I tell him "Are you serious? What snow?" Then his next excuse is " Well it might be the sim card is damaged. I can change it for $25 bux" I tell him "What? I just spent $75 to reconnect with you guys and you're going to charge me another 25 bux?" I was seconds away of knocking his arse out, but I raised my index finger like saying to him "one minute", I slowly grab my phone and walk out. As I'm walking out he says " Um..you know I don't make the rules". I looked over my shoulder for a second and continued to walk out. If i would've stayed, I know I would've smashed his head in.

I have no idea of their business practices, but they're sure as hell are shady. When I went back yesterday to try and get an upgrade, that's what they pulled on me. I knew it was BS.

Needed a new phone, so I decided on the Samsung A15 5G 128MB and I went with T-Mobile. My Samsung A32 5G 64MB from Metro By T-Mobile phone was getting a little long in the tooth. Great phone tho and picture quality was really nice. I added a 64gb memory card for xtra storage. The A32 was unlocked so I was able to use it on the freebie carrier (Gov), but then after 2 years of a free ride, it ended. So I went back to Metro for $35 a month.

I noticed my A32 was eating up battery power more than nominal, so I figured a new phone was due. I got back to Metro and asked about any specials. Sales rep tried to push on me the A15 for $500, but would give me a $150 discount so I would have to pay out of pocket $350. Yeah..right. :rofl:

So I drove by a T-Mobile store near me and wanted to just check things out. Sales rep there was pretty cool and answered all of my 100 questions :LOL:. He sold me on the A15, and I got an otter case and screen protector for free. Out the door it cost me a total of $62 bux and $40 per month with autopay. I told him I was a military vet and over 55 so I got a several discounts. Ported my numba over and batta-bing, batta-boom done deal.

The A15 5G is a really sweet phone. Picture quality is great, alittle better over the A32. Double the memory and my added 64gb mem card gives me plenty of storage for my grandkids pictures. As for battery life, time will tell, but I did notice when charged overnight to 100% and using it all day, power life was at 84%. My A32 sucked down twice as much for the same usage. So the A32 is retired as a back-up/emergency phone.

The whole shopping experience was really pleasant and smooth. Making the switch was quick. I wasn't pressured in anyway for extras, tho the sales rep did mention it, which I politely declined and he didn't push it any further.

View attachment 365601
I have the A14 and I love it great on battery life.(y)

My guess is that promotional pricing by these 3rd party carriers is dictated by the main (or principle) carrier. The main carrier doesn't want to scalp customers who are already on their own network. Hence a plausible reason why you can't get new user pricing with a 3rd party carrier if you currently use the principle (T-Mobile, ATT, Verizon).

I have the A14 and I love it great on battery life.(y)
So far battery life on the A15 is awesome. Wish there was a way to swap batteries on the A32. I really liked that phone and has worked perfectly since day one. Firmwares updated regularly too. Hope the A15 works and lasts as good as the A32.
My guess is that promotional pricing by these 3rd party carriers is dictated by the main (or principle) carrier. The main carrier doesn't want to scalp customers who are already on their own network. Hence a plausible reason why you can't get new user pricing with a 3rd party carrier if you currently use the principle (T-Mobile, ATT, Verizon).
I just found it odd. For as long as I was on Metro before jumping ship, then coming back, I had thought being a new customer I would get a deal. Also that particular rep was rude and it took alot to hold myself back. My anger rose so much my ears started ringing. I kept my cool tho. :rofl:

So far battery life on the A15 is awesome. Wish there was a way to swap batteries on the A32. I really liked that phone and has worked perfectly since day one. Firmwares updated regularly too. Hope the A15 works and lasts as good as the A32.

I just found it odd. For as long as I was on Metro before jumping ship, then coming back, I had thought being a new customer I would get a deal. Also that particular rep was rude and it took alot to hold myself back. My anger rose so much my ears started ringing. I kept my cool tho. :rofl:
I think will work great. (y)

Not a Samsung phone fan personally, but my wife was coming from and S7 followed by an S9 so I got her an A54 for last Christmas. Came with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage and the camera is better than her old S9. I paid $350 on Amazon for and another $10 for a case and screen protector, and she pays $25/month on Verizon prepaid. I'm using a Pixel 7 on Tracfone (Verizon network) for $12.50/month.

Back