• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[DEAD DEAL] Divx Pro 6.6 FREE ! (direct from Divx )

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
g0dM@n said:
so what if i use dvd shrink and ripit4me to rip my DVDs to DVD+R and DVD-R... this is no use?

just wondering what the benefit would be to someone like me that watches DVDs and backs of DVDs to single-layer DVDs

if you back them up to discs it is no benefit, but if you store them on hard drives the divx files take up much less space

a divx file with 5.1 channel sound takes less than half the space of a dvd image file. many of them a 1.4gb(or 2 cdr's) and they look just fine on an analog tv

divx/xvid and the avi format are a bit outdated now due to resolutions. i would only use it if you dont have an HDTV and limited hard drive space

the best compression method these days is x264 which will let you keep your HD resolutions. a full HD movie in 720p using the x264 codec can be made to fit on a single layer dvd disc.

scoobydoo said:
if you back them up to discs it is no benefit, but if you store them on hard drives the divx files take up much less space

a divx file with 5.1 channel sound takes less than half the space of a dvd image file. many of them a 1.4gb(or 2 cdr's) and they look just fine on an analog tv

divx/xvid and the avi format are a bit outdated now due to resolutions. i would only use it if you dont have an HDTV and limited hard drive space

the best compression method these days is x264 which will let you keep your HD resolutions. a full HD movie in 720p using the x264 codec can be made to fit on a single layer dvd disc.
well i upconvert my DVDs to my 720p panel... was just wondering if this was similar to the .wav vs .mp3... like just how an mp3 is nearly equal to a wav file... but i guess you do lose SOME quality if you're viewing on an HD panel. thx for the info tho! :)

g0dM@n said:
well i upconvert my DVDs to my 720p panel... was just wondering if this was similar to the .wav vs .mp3... like just how an mp3 is nearly equal to a wav file... but i guess you do lose SOME quality if you're viewing on an HD panel. thx for the info tho! :)

WAV / MP3 is probably not an accurate comparison. DVD up-conversion is much less noticeable than WAV to MP3 conversion, even at high bitrates. Part of that is because our ears are more sensitive than our eyes. The human eye is an awesome device, but the ear in it's pure simplicity and function does it's job more effectively.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread...

Pinky said:
WAV / MP3 is probably not an accurate comparison. DVD up-conversion is much less noticeable than WAV to MP3 conversion, even at high bitrates. Part of that is because our ears are more sensitive than our eyes. The human eye is an awesome device, but the ear in it's pure simplicity and function does it's job more effectively.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread...
was just speaking metaphorically (if that makes sense)...

NOWWWW back to the regularly scheduled thread :D :D :D :D

i think i got a case of the mondays...

This appears to be dead as it asks you to pay the $20 for the download for the pro version.

Is there any way to install the pro version using the serial numbers provided above?

Back