• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DEAD DEAL***FREE*** Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got a 20/20 that quiz was a joke... i hope no one actually failed it the first time... if so shame on you

jk

edit: yeah first post on a page

Last edited:
Wow, dont know if this is for sure but.. are they using us to test their software? If you look at the error its something about .NET compatibility .. so .. I ran windows update and the .NET framework wasnt selected.. I installed the 20mb patch and rebooted, The link worked.. Im thinking its probably coincidence but not totally sure... Anyways... server speed is flying on my cable.. Took about 10 mins to punch In the answers... Hope for the mouse or MS is getting a call from me. :D they seem legit though.

Instead of a whole group of people posting "nothing yet" over and over, can we only post back when someone gets an email or notice of the item being shipped? I'm just saying when we see this thread bumped up later we know that something pertaining to the mouse is posted.

I keep getting my hopes up when there's a new post here. ;)

well if thats the case cyberey than it needs to become a sticky :D itll be bumped down to the bottom in a few days ..and if people like me dont go to their control panel than they wont ever see it .. heheeheh. If ms doesnt send me my mouse in the next few weeks they are gettin a call. Then ill post the results in the forums. KEwl beans!

you know, you could just open two broswers up (ctrl-n) and just use one for the test answers (they tell you the answer if you got it right/wrong) and the other one to enter in the answers correctly... just my .02 cents

hmm, took me like 5 mins... after i got something wrong, i hit back, and selected the correct answer

Congratulations on successfully completing the quiz, and thanks for taking time to play!

You scored 23 of 20 correctly.

WEIRD!!

Yup. The deal is dead. I edited my original post to reflect that. I guess now this thread should be reserved for info regarding delivery/notification of order status.

My understanding is that we will not be notified, rather we will just recieve the mouse in the mail. I called Microsoft and asked if I should have recieved a conformation from them and that was the info I found out.

What phone# did you call? I want to see if it is possible to check your order?

Give it some time. It's not quite 6 weeks yet. Remember--it's FREE, so there's a 50/50 shot that nobody'll get it. I checked the Fatwallet.com forums and nobody there's gotten it yet either.

check it out

Dear Henry,

Thank you for participating in the Microsoft® Windows® XP Mobility and Collaboration online quiz. Due to overwhelming demand and popularity, the Notebook Optical Mouse you have won is on back order. You should receive your optical mouse in the next 3-5 weeks.

We sincerely apologize for the delay, and appreciate your patience in receiving your free gift.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at: [email protected]

Thank you again for your interest!

Sincerely,

The Desktop Mobility Team
microsoft.com/desktop

Back