• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell 1.8 c1 stepping - Possible Deal Inside :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

omniskillz

sup gang long time heh. anyways heres the deal..

Hot Dell Desktop Deal, Nov 16
This will not last!

Dell Small Business has a great desktop deal for those on a budget. Dimension 2300 P4-1.8Ghz 128MB/30GB 40xCDWriter, XP Home, Wordperfect pack, Ethernet card $340 shipped free.

Enter E-value code: 14923 s51104b in the left hand column. Select Free 40x CD-RW upgrade or 16x DVD, 256MB ram for $10 more, 1 year warranty.
This unit is $459 without using the special technique outlined here!

that was cut and edited somewhat from the anandtech deals forums. I myself just purchased one.. i wanna breach that 3ghz barrier. hurry tho, dont think it will last.
good luck

omni-:beer:

im prob just gonna keep the chip and sell the parts off on ebay or something hah if not i guess it will do as a spare.

also heres a little break down:
Pricewatch:

p4 1.8 )-------$130
256 sdram pc133-- $20
30gb 7200rpm HD--$60
40x10x40x cd burner $45
Cheap mobo with audio and video $45
Cheap case and ps $25
Keyboard and mouse $10
Windows XP home COA License , $50
I wont count anything else...fans, floppy, hs, other software etc.

$385

These are the absolute lowest prices on everything...so tack on $50-$100 for shipping and other variables.

Look at it like this:
Realistically the HD, proc. fan/hs and burner would run you $260 alone... @$340 this is a steal for sure!:p

Last edited:
um i guess so... but if u dont get a magic chip then i guess u bought a whole lot of nothing ;) I personally would not buy a whole system just for testing a chip ;) let us know how it turns out. BTW did they say it was the northwood or wellamette core?

it would seem 4ghz is now the magical barrier cuzz 3ghz has been done by alot of people already

AZN

This was an interesting idea that I did think about myself, just pop in my existing B0 1.8A and take out the C1 then shift on the Dell system (or RMA it:D)
LEt us know if you end up with a chip as good as Formosian's....

this is very risky, unless you can get rid off the system right after you get the "magic chip" you want.

Yeah, unless it explicitly says somewhere that this 1.8 Ghz P4 has 512k of cache, I'd be worried about this chip being a willamette P4. You might want to get your EBay ad ready just in case.....

The code worked for me. Try it again. I've been wanting to build another overclocked system. My little olde Celeron 300 is still chugging at 450. I've been trying to see the results of the latest o'clocked CPUs at Overclockers.com; but the site hasn't been updated since 10/23. I have barely enough time to eat and sleep without the o/c bug taking control like it did a few years ago. I was into Peltiers;enough of that.

I believe I did see a 512 cache when I looked on the system details.

markodude said:
This was an interesting idea that I did think about myself, just pop in my existing B0 1.8A and take out the C1 then shift on the Dell system (or RMA it:D)
LEt us know if you end up with a chip as good as Formosian's....

Definitly NOT a member of the Anti-Unethical Overclockers Army :(

oh well, lucky that yours was a joke right?;)

well like formosian i am ordering this for a friend thats needs a new pc, so im gonna keep the 1.8a if its a good overclocker and give him my 2.26 heh. I already told him about it and he is cool with it so! yeah waiting for the email on my delivery date:eek:

I've had the system loaded up and just 1 push away from ordering 3 times.
Hell of a deal with the CDRW (its only $330 with 128M SDRAM), XP Home but I'd bet its NOT A NORTHWOOD!!! There other systems state 512K while this does NOT!
I tried checking the CPU part number (on the right of the system order) but can't seem to find it anywhere.....
There is NO AGP slot for sure.

I wanted to order one for a game server......

how many people actually bought this system for testing out on those kickass C1 1.8A chip?

i know i am crazy, but i can't help myself trying it.....(yep, just clicked on the submit buttom this afternoon)

wish me luck!

hey gakkuken ,
let me know if u get confirmation email with a delivery date... i have yet to receive one =p

omniskillz said:
hey gakkuken ,
let me know if u get confirmation email with a delivery date... i have yet to receive one =p

hi omniskillz;

i think you better give dell a call, b/c i received the dell order confirmation email 30 min after i submit my order.

GraveLayer said:
Why do you guys think this is a 1.8a northwood cpu???

can't find any part number for the chip showing as a 512k northwood chip, but i went through the whole dell site, didn't see they have any other offer for the 1.8ghz chip, other than 2330 and 4550 model, but even for the 4550 model, there is no indication for 512k chip as well.

i am taking my chances as well, i will let u know if this is a northwood or just a 256k 1.8 junk.

wish me luck!

received the dell system today, c1 stepping for my 1.8a

looks like my gamble paid off!

Back