• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dell dimension 4400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTac02

I got this pc from like 3 years ago, and i want to change its mobo and processor to an asus p4c800-e / 2.4c proc. Is it possible? I know the power supply is different.

Has anyone done this?

Can i just buy a new power supply, mobo and proc?

no I dont think so.. I used to have a Dell (great machine by the way) but Dell makes their own stuff.. so a regular ATX mobo will not fit in there case. So sorry about that but I think you are a bit out of luck.

No the case is proprietary. Unless you buy the Mobo and PSU from DELL no other brand will fit.

If that is the setup you want you would also need a case and then transfer everything from the old to the new

so you would need
Case, PSU, Mobo, CPU and maybe better ram since I do not think they had pc3200 back then

Yup, exactly, a whole new computer. Im stuck in this 1.89ghz willy with an nvidia fx5900 ultra....

Back