• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delta 7v mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cowtown (Jul 12, 2001 11:36 a.m.):
Allan Nielsen (Jun 30, 2001 03:06 p.m.):
The yellow has 12 v. The red has 5 V. The black ones are ground, one for each.

Connect using the yellow and the red - not the blacks. This way you'll have 7 V!

Check my PRETTY picture attached, I think it says it all... the ones to the left is normal. The ones to the right is what you need to have 7 v.

[2]12 - 5 = 7 [/2]

Now I am not a big city lawyer, but don't you need a ground? Everyone says this works, but, I just wonder WHY it does?

Shawn
maybe because there is no gorund??

You use +5v instead of the ground. think of the ground as just a 0v line, and it will make sence, what makes the fan spin i s the difference between the two lines, pos and neg, and you just make the difference a bit smaller. thats not exactly how it works, so dont flame me, but it should make it understandable enough.

Sorry for being slow, but i couldnt figure out what it is.
If it's the plug from the Fan to the CPU Fan then.... mine only has 3 wires: Blue (or yellow, i forgot), Red (Middle), and Black.
How can i reduce the voltage of this fan (Golden Gate 38 cfm).
Thanks,

Forget about the blue wire...that's for fan speed monitoring via a hook up to your mobo. Use the black and red wires and you will be OK. Check out the drawings above or the link to http://www.fanbus.com in my post above. This really works!

How exactly do you make it so only 2 of the wires trasnfer. Are you supposed to cut teh 2 black wires, or is there a method that allows you to change it back if you dont like it?

Allan Nielsen (Jun 30, 2001 02:59 p.m.):
Oh my God, I forgot to copy"write" that super picture! Anyway, picture above is a copyright(c)2001 of Allan Nielsen, LOL!

As if anyone would ever steal it anyway, hehe.

Hope it helps you out though!

It's now "copyrighted"

Back