• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dereks Work Log *Project BluSteel X*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
window Design

I am designing my window as of right now. this is my desing ( i will have chris @ cww custom water works make the second window more rounded.... so dont laugh its my first attemp at 3d mdoeling for a computer hehe.......

Attachments

• SideWindow.jpg
    SideWindow.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 165
allso idear on the front witht he drive bay covers.

I am planinging on cutting the drive bay covers i to a rectangle hole ( add plexy glass / lexan something that will cut easly with the dremel ) add the lexan in place of the hole that was left to cut. then while working on the lexan peice cut 4 80 mm blow holes 2 in and 2 for exasut.....

tell me if its possible ok?

Attachments

• TransparatLexan.jpg
    TransparatLexan.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 160
Only one problem I see with this fan mod. How are you going to stick that fan inside the case without it moving around or falling off? ;) I'm guessing that's a blooper from first time 3D editing. Don't feel bad, I couldn't have done any better.

i personally dont like your fan idea. I think it is overkill. You also said that you want two blowing in and two out? Thats not a good idea because the exhaust fans will just suck the air from the intakes and it wont flow through the case. I think you could just put 2 fans towards the bottom as intake and put outtake elsewhere (like the top and back of the case).

Um, group 3 fans on the bottom, then one on the top. Then make the bottom three intake, and top one exhaust. Just gotta make a duct or something so that it goes from the bottom of the exhaust fan, out past the hard drives.

Then use that 120 in the back as another exhaust. Also depending on what other intakes you have, maybe a top 120 exhaust as well.

neonblingbling fyi the red line your tqalking about ( is to only destraight ) AND the case has 3 out fans inf ront where i was going to put them ( may add the forth i took A good look today hehe...

I wouldn't cut the bay covers. Will look ugly and awkward.

I recommend ading mesh screening or ventilation to each bay cover individually. Simply cut a small rectangular hole out of every bay cover that will be infront of a fan, then tape or glue some clear thermoplastic mesh or some aluminum grating or mesh to the inside of each one. Will look much cleaner and will provide some dust protection.
Also consider using ducting in concert with the rear case fan to provide efficient exhausting. That would allow you to have ALL of the front fans as intakes.

Something similar to this solution - http://www.overclockers.com/tips1187/

If you need help with designwork let me know. Also, it's never wise to buy cheap tools or make excuses for not buying the right tool for the job. You'll only create more work for yourself or end up with something you have to spend more money to fix or replace after the fact.

guys heres my rc cars one with a truck body is a rs4 pro 2 / the second is a yokoamo mr4 teck. they both are gutluss i got the gear i just need to find time to assemble them lol ( 90% assembled heh.... minus esc speed controllers's and motors so on.

Attachments

• rccars.jpg
    rccars.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 111
Back