• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

did i fry my KK266????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

demon-eater

I swapped mother boards the other day and moved my Iwill KK266 to my watercooling rig becuase i was finally going to set that up. Anyway i plugged everything in set my water, and went to fire it up i got no post.. great i thought i just fryed my chip somehow (has shim on it) well i didn't the chip still works fine tried it out in another mobo i have. but im getting long continuous beeps which means my ram isn't properly inserted.. well lemme tell you the ram was inserted right but the first time i fired it up i smelled a burning smell.....!!!!!!!

so what do you think i did?? maybe shorted out something??
I flashed the bios to june 22 2001, is it possible that my iwill is no longer compatible with Duron procs slower than 800mhz?? i think i read something like that in the faq for the bios update but im not sure...

anyway im going out of town so ill be back monday to see what you people have thought of... im gonna try popping my tbird back in my iwill to see if that works...
thanks

well popping in my tbird didn't help.. i found the buring smell source its down on the bottom right on the backside of the board under the wol and wol 1 thingys.... the strip connecting them or whatever burned up kinda... but the thing is i had foam behind the bottom so its not like it shorted out or anything...

im gonna see if i can rma this mobo, cause this STINKS!!

Back