• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did I Get One From A Good Batch?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Uberg33k

Registered
Hey all I was wondering if I got lucky with my chip because as of right now I'm Prime95 stable at a clock speed of 4.6GHz @ 1.210 volts and I haven't done anything in the BIOS except disable C1E. I'm pushing it further as I type this (1.200v) and it's still holding. My idle temps hover around 38-40c and my max is around 83-86c (I need to re-paste), all within the safe mark with these chips. Any questions or feedback is appreciated. :)

Okay so I topped out at a vcore of 1.190v but nothing else changed in the BIOS, is there another voltage setting I can play with to maybe get my vcore even lower?

Not to lower your core but you can try lowering your Cpu pll voltage it should drop your temps a little bit.

Not to lower your core but you can try lowering your Cpu pll voltage it should drop your temps a little bit.

Okay cool. By how much though? I'm on the mobo in my sig.

EDIT: Just lowered the PLL and running Prime95 as this is typed. So far my temps dropped 10c! Wow that's pretty awesome. Got a free Antec Khuler 920 today and I'm going to try and see what temps I get with that especially with the two Skythe Slipstream fans I bought to replace the stock ones. ;)

Last edited:
Back