• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

different readings from temp software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jokerzwyld77

I have been tinkering with my new rig ( can be seen in my sig ) and thanks for all the help from the gurus here for that.

Now something is killing me >.<

I have ASUS Probe from the drivers disk that came with the board and also use Coretemp and HWMonitor and I am getting 3 different temp readings. All are close but none the same.

I am under the impression that the one from the maker of the board would be more accurate in reading the temps.... but I have been wrong before.

Anyone got one that has been hand tested maybe with some proof behind it as to what would be the most accurate? I have read a ton of threads here but most people seem to be basing things off of personal preferences. thanks in advance for any replies!

I use HWMonitor, coreTemp read my videocards 12degrees apart and every other program I tried read them nearly the same temp.

Back