• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Disabling/rerouting windows sounds?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ratbuddy

I'm setting up an itunes radio system here at work, I've got a stereo and a few speakers in the showroom, I'd like to route itunes' output to this, but not Windows' sound effects. Any easy way to do this?

And make sure anything else that may produce its own sound (like email clients or instant messengers) also have thier sound events disabled, or dont even run the program in the first place.

I do most of my work in IE and Access, I'll disable IE sounds, and I don't think I've ever heard our database make a peep, so we should be good there. I thought turning Windows sounds off would mute the whole machine, bleh. I'm no good with this stupid Vista thing.

Thanks

Never had occasion to try this before, I'm sure you're right. I still don't like Vista though :p Too sugar coated for my taste.

Back