• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do Abit boards have the 4 mounting holes around cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kent_b29

Have previous abit amd boards had the 4 mounting holes around the cpu? Does anyone know if the Nforce 2 boards will have mounting holes?

thanks,
Kent

thestramel said:
The KT7A and KR7A boards I own both have the hsf mounting holes. I'm not sure about the nforce 2 board.

The nforce2 board is the only Abit AMD board that doesn't have the mounting holes. The socket is also 90 degrees off angle from the normal configuration.

Most Abit boards' sockets for Athlon are rotated 90 degrees.
Most Abit boards have the holes but I am not sure about this one:
NV7-8X-large.jpg

KG7 and KD7 (which I own) have them. The KD7 holes are smaller.
Hope this helps :(

I have a KT7A - RAID which has them around the ziff socket & my KD7 - RAID has them as well.[COLOR=33333]IT'S FINALLY HERE! THANKS SAM![/COLOR]

what the hells up with that...
whats the point of making the best Overclocking NF2 board and leaving out the best way to cool it.
extreme cooling needs them 4 little holes.

I couldn't use this thing in my prometeia even if I wanted too.
or vapo chill...
or MCX462's...
some waterblocks.

damn, I sure hope thats not the final design.
they better have a few models out cause thats just not gonna do it for me, I was counting on Abit to be my NF2 board.

theres hardly a choice in my case.
if thats the final design I have only Epox to look at....

I am not gonna scrap a 700 dollar sub zero cooling system for a NF2 cause I was begining to be brand loyal...
so Epox, I hope you guys get it right.

Back