• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do you like your Natural Keyboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've never used an MS Wireless keyboard, but my Logitech Wireless Keyboard Elite lags just enough that I can see the delay between me pressing a key and it appearing on screen.

It reminds me of the earlier days of computing when some people who could type so fast could out-type the computer, finishing a sentence before it arrives on screen (like when running MS Word 95 on a 486/33). :)

The natural keyboard from M$ is the best one. I got the black and white multimedia one from buyxg.com.

hey even tho this thread is pretty old i have been using the ms natural keyboard ever since i was like 9. 14 now. its great! it lets you rest your wrist under the windows key on both sides. my wrist have been moving there for so long i polished it. yep i polished it with my wrist. its smooth n shiny ONLY there. no where else. the other places are the bumpy design it comes with

I liked the comfort of the natural keyboard but the WASD never worked for Half-Life and every other shooting game up there. I have a Memorex keyboard with a bunch of extra buttons I don't use LOL. I only use the volume and music controls when they have all these MS office and internet browsing buttons.

BTW how can you use the same keyboard for 5 years! They just seem to get worn out and beat up when I use them.

Maybe you're abusing your keyboard :D

It only took me a year to wear through my MS Natural Keyboard Elite, after which I've replaced it with the same MS Natural Keyboard Pro I've been using since then. I guess these MS Natural's are hardy things. :)

I switched over to the natural one last year. It took several days to get used to it, but does feel better to me. I still use a straight one @ work tho

heh my keyboard is perfect. jus kinda dirty from eating at the comp and dirty fingers lmao. i try to clean it once in awile. i bought this keyboard back then for like 10 dollars right now its like what 40? nothing broken, ever. well except the rubbern thingy that keeps it off the surface broke and i superglued it THATS IT!

I use an OEM microsoft natural keyboard. Looks a lot like that wireless pro one, but it's white/blue instead of black/silver. The feel of it is great, and it almost makes me want to get rid of my logitech elite at home. I've sworn for years that I hated the natural keyboards, and they felt extremely odd to me. So I get a new job, and my computer has one on it. Well I have other keyboards I can swap out, but I'm like what the hell, I'll give it some time. Within a few days of it, I like it a lot. It honestly is just a more comfortable position for you hands/arms. I can see people that type with one hand very often not liking it at all though, because of the split and angle.

As for the pictures that Simguy posted, I have to agree that you need to watch out for the ones with the frigged up arrow keys. the ones with the arrow keys all bunched up like a cross instead of the tetris piece design. i hate those arrow keys with a passion, can't even tell you how often those things make me miss what i'm trying to do.

All in all, if I had cash to blow right now I would go with one of the wireless natural pro's. I currently use a logitech elite wireless and it's been great, the only complaint i have with it is it's not as comfortable to type on as this natural that i'm used to at work now.

One thing I will say about these newer keyboards though, the F-Lock is extremely annoying. Why on earth would you have to re-set the f-lock every time the computer boots. Not only that, to make it more annoying the pause/break key only work as pause break when the f-lock isn't on. extremely annoying to me.

I just bought a Microsoft Natural Multimedia keyboard and I love it. All of my friends who don't type correctly hate it. If you don't know how to type than don't buy one.

I've had a natural keyboard since 1996. Like everyone else said, it took about a week to get used to, and I can't live without em now. Unfortunate actually, I suck at typing on normal keyboards now. They just don't feel...natural. :D The shape of the natural keyboard fits your hands, to all the naysayers. If you hold them out in front of you, they meet at somewhere around a 60 degree angle; they aren't parallel to one another. And yes, I definitely hate the messed up crossed arrow keys. Not sure about the elites, but my multimedia has them done right.

hell ive been using the M$ natural since... forever

I have a stack of 5 broken ones in my closet. Usually the result of spilling fluid on them.
They are made kind of cheap though, the curcit board is some plastic sheet. If it gets just a little bit wet, POOF its toast.

I hate the natural keyboard... I type with my hands at the angle that keyboard puts your hands at anyways, so I'll have to have my hands angled really strangely if I use a natural. I suppose if I typed correct home-row style, there wouldn't be a problem. But I just love my right hand on " JIOP" so much more!

PhoenixMDM said:
I hate the natural keyboard... I type with my hands at the angle that keyboard puts your hands at anyways, so I'll have to have my hands angled really strangely if I use a natural. I suppose if I typed correct home-row style, there wouldn't be a problem. But I just love my right hand on " JIOP" so much more!
Like said before, the natural keyboards are only for those who know how to type correctly :p

I have the first one in SimGuy's post. I love it and can't stand using a normal keyboard anymore. It is so much more comfortable I don't think I'll ever go back to a normal one.

I'm a pretty big gamer and I don't really see how it presents a problem. How many keys are on the right side of the keyboard that are used in games that you have to access quickly? Sure the number keys for games like UT, but I prefer to use my mousewheel anyway.

Back