• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Doom 3 movie?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
mage_x said:
the rock was never in chronicles of riddick, that was vin diesel. i hate both of them anyway.
I think that Vin Desile would be good as "the Marine" because its the right type of movie for a peice of muscel with a bit of a brain.

9mmCensor said:
I think that Vin Desile would be good as "the Marine" because its the right type of movie for a peice of muscel with a bit of a brain.
my thoughts exactly

Vin Diesel's movies have had even less plot and intelligent dialogue than the Rock's movies. If anyone should play the Marine, it should be the Rock, not the guy who played Eomer. He looks too weird for me to take him seriously. I think that casting decision alone could probably ruin the movie. It's like making Scott Bacula the captain of a starship. Or having that guy who played Legolas kill Brad Pitt. I just can't take it seriously.

1.jpg

Anyone know if Trent Reznor will be doing the score?

Tatuya said:
They're also making an Alone in the Dark movie and have pruchased the rights to making numerous others, too many to really name off.

I seen some screenies of the alone in the dark movie in the Wish i had an angel video by nightwish, awesome video, but having christian slater/tera reid and stephen dorff it looks awesome and the rock in DOOM3 that would rock

Can you even do a movie on plot of DOOM?

Plot synopis of DOOM:
bad scientests open a portal to hell putting demons on mars. Everybody dies except one lone marine who must destroy all the demos from hell that are on mars and keep himself allive. Also he must try to shutdown the portal to hell so every thing can go back to normal.

The whole game was based on the premis of shooting bad things in the dark. Thats about it. How you going to pull a movie out of that. I would much rather see something on say the desues ex world or something exploraing the half-life world in more depth.

But hey thats just me....

eab said:

Plot synopis of DOOM:
bad scientests open a portal to hell putting demons on mars. Everybody dies except one lone marine who must destroy all the demos from hell that are on mars and keep himself allive. Also he must try to shutdown the portal to hell so every thing can go back to normal.

The whole game was based on the premis of shooting bad things in the dark. Thats about it. How you going to pull a movie out of that. I would much rather see something on say the desues ex world or something exploraing the half-life world in more depth.

Exactly my thoughts.

The film will suck.

eab said:

Plot synopis of DOOM:

The idea of the film is to further to storyline, while maintaining the best part of doom - fear and action.

what about farcry i kno this is off topic but yeah IF YOU NOTICE and goto farcrys official website on the left column you will see a character that looks like "the rock" in the mini advertisement......

At least John Woo isn't directing the Doom movie so it's not completely consigned to sucking. Has he ever made a good movie? All I can think of are some Jet Li movies (all sucked) and Paycheck (also sucked).

I don't think the Rock is going to do Far Cry. He's already signed up for Spy Hunter (with John Woo) and if he isn't the main character for Doom, I wouldn't think he'd do Far Cry as it's going to have a MUCH smaller budget.

If I were a gambling man I'd put money on him playing Gordon Freeman however.

Id laugh if a complete **** of a director like Paul Anderson did Doom 3 and Far Cry. It would be amusing, as both film would be complete ****.

Take a look at this films:

Mortal Combat- ahahahahaaa :bang head
AvP- Totally ****ed it up
Resident Evil- ahahahahahhaah :bang head

basically he sucks. So he'll most likely direct it. :p

did anyone ever see the mortal combat movie, thats kind of how i envision a doom 3 movie since doome 3 has about as much plot as mortal combat, maybe a little more

hmm i need to see the wish i had an angel video, ive only seen the nemo video, although i wish i had an angel was awesome live

Grov said:
Id laugh if a complete **** of a director like Paul Anderson did Doom 3 and Far Cry. It would be amusing, as both film would be complete ****.

Take a look at this films:

Mortal Combat- ahahahahaaa :bang head
AvP- Totally ****ed it up
Resident Evil- ahahahahahhaah :bang head

basically he sucks. So he'll most likely direct it. :p
AvP sucked so bad but i didnt think Resident Evil was that bad

Back