• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Driver Differences?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kiernan

Registered
Most of the time on my motherboard drivers it asks whether to install the VxD or MinPort drivers. Then in turbo or standard mode. What the heck is the difference? Which one should I use? Is any better than another? Help, PLEASE!

VxD is a threed to communicate with windows properley - a driver within a driver or process.

Mini port is an adaptive driver to make a not necessarily compatible device become a compatible device; i.e. 3dfx voodoo3 doesn't have full OpenGL support natively and as such it uses a miniport driver to emulate OpenGL with it's GLide mode.

Turbo all the way

I think the Turbo/Standard option might have something to do with the video drivers and enabling 4x AGP. Turb enables 4x AGP while standard only allows up to 2x, if I am reading you post correctly.

I install mine in the standard mode and the AGP still shows up in the BIOS as 4x

Back