• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duel PCI-E 16x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mr.Guvernment said:
^^ i second hat one

dual mobo - DFI / Tyan
Mobo's - Abit / DFI / Abit

each has their own benefit.

MSI makes hardly the "best" by far......
:D

I think you meant

"Mobo's - Abit/DFI/Asus"

What is wrong with MSI dual motherbaords? Looking at them vs. Tyan the difference that strikes me is that MSI makes dual motherboards that don't have integrated video. And current dual mobo's (hadn't looked at them for a long time) are a horrible hodgepodge of PCI-X, PCI-E, and PCI 2.3 slots.

I think what may be at issue here is some dual p mobo's are better for workstations and others better for servers. Obviously, you don't want integrated video for workstations. I don't know what special requirements you would have on a server...other than I know the power supplies interface a little differently.

I finally found DFI's consumer product page - I assumed it was dfiusa.com when it came up on the search, that page is DFI's industrial product page. Anyway, DFI does not list any dual p mobo's at either site I have found. Is there a third?

Of course, 3Dlabs is professional grade as well.

Last edited:
OK. 3DLabs is exactly that, Profresional Grade. Made for profesinals to do 3d design work, NOT for gamers. So when was the last time a person doing 3d designn needed 100+ FPS or even 60+ FPS for that matter?

Anyways, thats not even the point, becuse I am sure there are some examples out there where it will happen. my point is that those 3dlabs cards were designed for precision, not speed. While I could hand feed you all the facts, I won't, I will let you do your own research into it. I find that a person tends to remember better when they have to work a little to achieve that knowledge.

Back