• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duke Nukem for-never?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Headstand

TH article about DNF.

Jon St. John, better known as the voice of Duke Nukem, said some interesting words during a panel discussion at the Music and Games Festival (MAGFest) that took place January 1 – 4 in Alexandria, Virginia, according to Pixel Enemy.

When asked about DNF, St. John replied,

"I’m not allowed to speak on that subject, sir.

He’s asking about Duke Nukem Forever, let me go ahead and tell you right now that I’m not allowed to talk about Duke Nukem Forever.

No, no, don’t be disappointed, read between the lines… why am I not allowed to talk about it?"

I wouldn't hold my breath. He may still be under a 9 year old NDA and the game could still remain a vaporware Forever. One magazine gave DNF a permanent vaporware award just so they could have future vaporware contest without bringing up DNF again.

And when I think that only three years ago or so I thought that Duke Nukem Forever would come out before Shadow of Chernobyl... heh, we've come out a long way ever since, a shame really. I played my Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition recently with the High-Res Pack and I had a blast, it's still fun after all that time, if only they didn't want to always have the best engine to work on we might have had DNF running on the Quake or Unreal engine and today we'd be speaking about Duke Nukem 3, 4 or 5 running on CryEngine or UE3 or things like that, the franchise would have had multiple titles and expansion packs, it would have flourished... but nooooo...

A sad story it is, within the video gaming industry.

"Why am I not allowed to talk about it? Because the doc said I'm not really Duke Nukem. Not Duke Nukem, not Duke Nukem, not Duke Nukem. Where are my pills? I'll go crazy without my pills?"

Back