• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6400 TEMPS W/ Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andycorleone

Registered
Hi, I got a E6400 on a Gigabyte 965P DS4 with a Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro in an ANTEC SLK3000B Case (with 3 fans Fron Size and Back)
at stock speed my core temps idle are:

Tj Max =85C Core 0=58 Core 1=57

They looks pretty high to me or I'm exaggerating?

If so Which FanCooler do you recommend me?

Welcome to O/C Forums :welcome:

I would agree, reseat the sink. If you have any AS5 i would use that instead of the thermal paste that came with the sink. If not, use the factory tim anyways for now. I've got an E6400 with an XP120 and my idle temps are 28c-ish and loaded around 37ish to 40c

Just a quick update I just reinstalled the cooler with the AS5 and the temp is 49 what do you think? is ok or should I buy a new Fan cooler for the CPU?

Also make sure your BIOS isn't controlling the fan. I slapped a 120 Sanyo Denki to that HS and it kept my quad no higher than 55 ~ 60C @ 3.4.

MAKE SURE THE PUSH PINS ARE SET CORRECTLY! IT SHOULDNT BE ABLE TO MOVE AROUND "ONCE PROPERLY INSTALLED".

I would buy a new cooler all together . I never liked the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro .
The one I had was the getting the same temps on a AMD 4000+ as you are seeing ! I would get a new HSF and a better one at that .

Back