• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Easytune 3 and Win2k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kimfong

i have a problem after installing Easy Tune 3 on my Gigabyte 6VXC7-4X mobo with a pentium3 1ghz and windows 2K.

After installing, i restarted my computer and now it freezes just before it enters the desktop. it has a blue screen, but its only open for 1/4 of a second so i can't read it.

i know this is a windows problem, quite possibly a registry error of some sort caused by this problem. Another thing is i can't get into safe mode, but can get into something similar to dos (restricts me to Winnt folder) after inserting the 4 bootup disks.

is there any way i can uninstall this program? or do i have to reinstall win2K?

yea, i had a hard time trying to get that to work with 2k and my GA-7DXR mobo. call gigabyte for help. { (626) 854-9338 -usa, there in south calif, 45mins from my house ;) }
But as of now boot into safe mode, and try to remove ET3 if possible. try not to just delete it, try to uninstall it if it even got that far. i believe it relies on DOS, and DOS isnt build into 2k like 98se/ME so i think thats why when u click it to install the screen flashes and reboots into a BSOD.
Safe mode: right after the bios flash, hold "F8" and it will bring up a menu" try safe mode with networking, and see if it boots. then if you u can try to delete it, and have access to the forums also :)
Good luck man, and sry about the gigabyte prob :(

i've tried it, in original post i mentioned that i can't even get into safe mode. im thinking of putting that harddisk into my current comp (also with win2k) and removing it to stop it from starting up.

would the normal uninstall procedure work? (i dont think it does):confused: or do i have to manually delete it from registry etc.? (btw would anyone know how to do that?)

thanx for trying to help Dissolved

kimfong said:
i've tried it, in original post i mentioned that i can't even get into safe mode. im thinking of putting that harddisk into my current comp (also with win2k) and removing it to stop it from starting up.

would the normal uninstall procedure work? (i dont think it does):confused: or do i have to manually delete it from registry etc.? (btw would anyone know how to do that?)

thanx for trying to help Dissolved

well go to www.regedit.com and get the reg cleaner. and make sure u back up your regirsty first be4 u go hax0ring it.
try calling gigabyte tomorrow asap, and see what they say. altho if you call the number i gave you, theres one guy i almost always get (usualy round 2-4pm PST) they close at 4pm PST BTW.. that d00d is the most biggest jerk ull ever meet. but see what they say first be4 u go trying to manuealy messing with the regirsty. if you try that, it may work, but from my experience it may cost you in the long run.
postup after you call them, or PM me if your like more help, and ive delt with gigabyte a few times, and if you talk right they'll be your best friends :)
np with the help.. when your 18, high off code red, and have no girls, a forum is the best thing you could waste your time away on IMHO :) have a :beer:, relax then get some shuteye and give GB an early call.

lol..thanx
i seriously cant be bothered, i forgot to mention i live in australia, posted here coz overclockers australia forum is a bit slow at replying since its 11pm..lol

im just gonna reinstall win2K (lasted 1/2 year with no crashes), dont like winXP coz it lasted only 2hours before it crashed on me, so did winME. win98se lasted like 1/2 year.

thanx for your help btw Dissolved. ill be here more often, esp when i start modding my case (fans etc coming in 1 week) and unlock my amdXP17000+. :p

mmmm yummy... i hope your 1700+ gets to 1.7ghz :)
and gigabyte may have a number there, as they had a few listed.. *looks* as you can see here there almost everywhere but aussey :(..
well if you need any help apon gigabyte hardware, gimme a PM id be glad to call them and ask.
and you should stay with 2k, XP is good and all, but it has a few issues, that some ppl can out upowith and some cant. im 50/50.. as ill use it till i have to format or it dies on me.
have a good one! :beer:

PS. dont be afriad to share anything from the overclockers aussey, cuz sometimes we miss out on great mods ive seen on a few other forums. :)

oh d00d, im sorry, WELCOME TO THE OC FORUMS!!!!!!! :beer:

Back