• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Engraver guide?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

Does anyone know of a good guide on engraving with a dremel engraver. Thats the actuall engraver not just the generic dremel tool. Do I just press harder to make a deeper cut? It seems to take the black ink from the paper and put it on the acrilic. How do I get around that? I am just doing some tests on some scrap acrilic for a window I will be installing. Dang this thing is loud!

Big_Baller said:
It seems to take the black ink from the paper and put it on the acrilic.
'
The paper with the print out, or a drawing of your design is supposed to be underneath the plexi, on the other side, not they one you are engraving.

yup. you want to tape the paper on the OTHER side of the plexi, so that you can see the design through the clear plexi.....

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102748

it's instructions for the regular dremel tool, but just ignore the stuff about what bit to buy and just use the information about how to set it up and do it.

If you need any more help, feel free to post back. A lot of us (including myself) have done our own etching by various methods, so if you need some help, don't be afraid to ask.

Back