• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enough power to CPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

googalabosh

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715626

The above link is to another post I did yesturday. It has all the specs to my computer and also summarizes the problem I have. But I will explain my situation here as well.

My PSU did not come with an 8-pin connector for my motherboard. I have an8-pin slot for the CPU power. I have recently purchased a 4-pin to 8-pin adaptor but have recently learned some new information.

I am being told that my CPU requires 125w and the 4-pin connector only puts out 75w.

Now I did not do very good in high school physics so I am in need of some help of understanding this.

Does getting this adaptor mean the PSU will be able to supply my CPU with 125w or will the adaptor just divide 75w amongst the 8-pins?

Thank you to anyone and everyone that responds with help. Please feel free to ask me to clearify anything if there is an issue.

Im sorry I missed that thread. Im VERY nervous about the quality of that $15 PSU.

I would have told you to order another PSU ASAP as you are at a very high risk of failure with that POS PSU that isnt really made for your system, only has 192W (16A) on the 12v rail... NOT GOOD AT ALL.

In fact, I posted over there, lets deal with all the issues in that thread that is essentially the same (keep same subjects in the same thread, helps EVERYONE out).

Back