• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

error 1507

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nobluo

so im having trouble accessing my storage drive [letter E] on my pc. the primary drive with the operating system [windows 2000 SP3] works just fine. i have also a cd burner on the system.

i tired to access the harddrive but i get an error saying <B> E is not accessable. the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. </b>

i then proceeded to run partition magic and i tried to look at the properties. i get an error message saying <b>Error #1507. Bad File Record Signature.</b> i tired to look at the partition magic help file but there was nothing about error #1507. all the other errors #'s had help topics associated with them but not the #1507 one.

anyone have any idea wtf is wrong with my harddrive? and also....how i can fix this problem. i have lots of data that need to be recovered on that drive. its a 120 gig WD SE if that helps.

It sounds like the MFT or journal is corrupt. You may want to try a CHKDSK /R and see if Windows can recover the drive. If you have space to recover the files into, then Get Data Back, PC Inspector or other recovery tools may allow you to get the files off without windows being able to read the drive.

Back