• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE EVGA X299 DARK Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

With thanks going to*EVGA, I have the X299 Dark*motherboard*on the test bench today. This is the only X299 motherboard I am aware of that incorporates active cooling on the VRM section, PCH, and M.2 slots. The whole package lends credence to that old adage "everything but the kitchen sink", the box is heavy and there are a ton of accessories aimed directly at the hardcore enthusiast. This quote from Vince "K|NGP|N" Lucido, EVGA's resident overclocker with 12 world records using the X299 Dark, says it all. "The EVGA X299 Dark was built from the ground up to be the best overclocking motherboard on the planet, no compromises." Let's dive in and see how the X299*Dark holds up when the pressure is on.

Click here to view the article.

Great article Johan. Well written. You must've had a ton of fun playing with this thing. It looks like an overclockers dream. I didnt even know motherboards could get this "high end". EVGA seems to make good, reliable parts.

Thanks, K_T. I'm still twisting the knobs, seeing what I can get out of it

I really wish this board had ACPI support for XP as it seems like it could be a Super Pi 32M monster. It also needs RTL/IOL control when a Kaby Lake-X CPU is installed.

Back