• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F Class - The Alvarez Hypothesis's submission/strategy thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do you guys know that not one of us has a score as high as the lowest one in class G? :chair:

I noticed this, and was going to say something, but you already mentioned it :p

Their i5 7xx CPUs are dominating. Their OC Bonus is what's beating IMOG, and all of their CPU related stuff is beat the QX9650 and 555 x3... You guys have any left in the CPUs?

Looks like you guys have better GPU power overall, so try to make up some slack with the GPUs.

Their i5 7xx CPUs are dominating. Their OC Bonus is what's beating IMOG, and all of their CPU related stuff is beat the QX9650 and 555 x3... You guys have any left in the CPUs?

Looks like you guys have better GPU power overall, so try to make up some slack with the GPUs.

I'm hoping to get more out of the Qx when I get some dice in that water. Should be in about 14-16 hours...

IMOG's 06 score should beat mine too I'd think. His CPU score is near 1000 higher than mine yet his total score is 1300ish less (both on 5870's) not sure how well his clocks but something seems wrong there.

IMOG's 06 score should beat mine too I'd think. His CPU score is near 1000 higher than mine yet his total score is 1300ish less (both on 5870's) not sure how well his clocks but something seems wrong there.

I think his 06 should be roughly equal to yours, but it's the OC Bonus that's letting you pull away...

You're getting 66,571 by going from 2800 to 4664, and he's only getting 38,656 by going from 3200 to 4437. So, that's ~28K you gain on him from OC Bonus alone, which is very hard to make up on the other benches. So, low stock-clocked chips which can OC well have a big advantage.

I think his 06 should be roughly equal to yours, but it's the OC Bonus that's letting you pull away...

You're getting 66,571 by going from 2800 to 4664, and he's only getting 38,656 by going from 3200 to 4437. So, that's ~28K you gain on him from OC Bonus alone, which is very hard to make up on the other benches. So, low stock-clocked chips which can OC well have a big advantage.

Yeah I know, just pointing out where he may be able to creep up some, with the same GPU and better CPU scores on both 3D's he should beat me on both and isn't. The OC is hurting me since I have a 760 vs the other guy's with a 750, I lose just shy of 9000 on the OC bonus, and I'm using the same multi they are:mad:

Changed to biostar, 3dm06 works fine on that. Asus CIVE is half dead - won't run some 3D stuff.

Where abouts should I be hitting on air with this 5870 on the core and memory? I'm not getting any higher than I was before so far.

Really, AMD sucks for 3D stuff. Maybe my CPU score was higher, but 3dmarks on AMD rigs get trompsed by intels on air.

On the bot it looks like people are getting around 950-1000 on the core and just around 1200-1250 on mem... :)

I'm getting around 980 on the core and 1220 on the mem. So I'm in the right ballpark I guess. Isn't making hardly any difference in my scores though.

If you update your scores from now until they are officially entered tonight, please place your submission in the Official Scoring Thread here to make sure it is not over looked! Wouldn't want all of your hard work to not be counted. Great work so far guys... we're looking pretty good ;)

Afterburner didn't give me voltage control, what should I be using on a gigabyte 5870?

Matt, you need to use the Gigabyte OC Guru app ;)

You guys are killing the F class...but only because we're waiting to see all the submissions from the opponents, I hope they don't kill us at the last second :-/

Great work so far :thup:

That's good news :)

I just dug up more scores at OCN and we're about 44K points behind :(

I've got a few more points coming on monday, assuming the OC Guru software gets me further than afterburner did. I can't get much more from my CPU on air, but I can probably get a bit more out of the GPU.

Unfortunately spending time figuring out my 3D issues on the CIVE killed a lot of my time benching. And I just went to get my dewar filled today, and it still had about 15 liters left in it I didn't get time to use yet... With my trip to St Louis this weekend, I'll be spending tonight with the woman, the weekend with bob and george, and then I should finally get some time to do some more air benching after work on Monday.

Back