• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fan adapter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You can buy 1 or make 1.
There are a few problems Ive heard of the fan adapters people buy usually cause turbulence problems.
Those that are on the site seem like they would work fine.
Another problem is the weight that a bigger fan might add. Plus with the adapter thats a little more weight. This might wear down your mounting clip after time, or it might even uncenter the HS and die contact point.
For a guide try looking through some sites Ive seen at least three different articles on how to make them

I was thinking of doing this myself to try to cut down on noise a little. Currently using a Delta 68cfm screamer on my MCX462 HS.

If I were going to do it I would attach some straps to the top 2 corners and mount them to the top of the case for support.

Possibly figure out some way to apply spring tension to them. Maybe folding the straps accordian like then stretching them to the corners. Just my idea;)

Back