• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whatever happened to Noctua's higher speed 200mm fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magellan

I once contacted Noctua tech support about something (I think it was a lack of clips for either 140mm or 120mm fans w/my NH-D15s [which they promptly sent me the missing clips]) but I asked him if they were coming out w/a higher speed NF-A20, he said they were and I swear that sometime in the last three or four years I heard they did come out w/such fan, but now that I check Noctua's website there's no sign of it. So did Noctua actually come out w/a higher RPM version of the NF-A20 or was it just vaporware?

I haven't seen it officially announced, and I get all press releases and news from Noctua. Some products were delayed (even 2 years), and some are in plans but not officially confirmed.
As you see on the roadmap - https://noctua.at/en/product-roadmap, there is nothing really interesting in plans for next year, maybe except for the NH-D15 replacement (it's already an old cooler)

That's too bad. I'd love to see a fan like the Silverstone AP-182 in a 200mm flavour (especially w/all the mounting options the NF-A20 has).

Back