• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Adaptors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gumball

Where can I get a fan adaptor to fit a 92mm or 80mm fan on a 60mm heatsink in metal.

I found plastic ones but would prefer metal.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

I just got the plycon one and it's very high quality. It doesn't come with parts, however getting some 8x32x1.25 screws hold the fan onto it nicely. Getting it to fit on the pal 6035 heatsink was a bit of a pain, I had to get some nuts that would fit the screws for the heatsink and space them out so it would fit snugly. It got me an extra 60mhz out of my Duron so definitely worth the cash.

I like the aluminum adaptors, but I'm not sure I'm fond of those struts in the way of the airflow. Anyone thinking about Dremeling them out? Any consequences that you can foresee?

The struts are there to help airflow. For the life of me, I can't figure out why anyone would be willing to pay up to $40 for something they can make in 30 minutes out of a 24 oz beer can.

Back