• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Farwalker, Mark620 and time to catch up.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
First. Please congratulate Farwalker and Mark620. Earning 5 billion and 3 billion respectively. WOOT WOOT!

Second. I've been off doing other things for the last two weeks. We have missed things for sure. Please post what's been missed below.

After two weeks off, we are still #8 in the world. WOOT! We are chasing Hardware.no, NVIDIA and EVGA. We are still being chased by EPFL. Now I kow that it can be called boring to see that two weeks did NOT change these facts. I would argue that this is a "World" ranking. Competition is fierce. Yeah I wrote it. Fierce. Things change slowly and changes tend to last a while. Big things happen at this level and big things take big energy. Don't expect to see even greater things happening because that is very rare at this level.

We are presently fielding 39 active folders. Those 39 active folders are averaging 7.6 million ppd. Not bad. We're still missing Holdolin and I fear that may be permanent but the team is moving on and we are doing what we can in record heat. Speaking of which, if you are in this record heat, stay cool and hydrated. Beer doesn't count. :beer: unless you follow up with lots of water. It would be reasonable for many of us to reduce our folding during these days. Not to worry. I mean, these students in Scandinavia will pass us up with some Raspberry Pies but whatever. :shrug: If you're looking to stay active with folding while powering down, take some time and clean out your computers. Get some canned air. Maybe some new TIM (Thermal Interface Material) AKA thermal paste. Reroute cables and wires to improve air flow. Calculate future overclocks to impliment this winter. Look for things like that to prepare to jump back in when the weather turns colder.

Top 20 individual teammates are earning 1 million ppd or more.
Top 7 are earning 12 million ppd or more.
Top 4 are earning 24 million ppd or more.
Top 2 are earning 38 million ppd or more.
Top 1 is earning 118 million ppd or more.

As noted earlier
Farwalker has just earned 5 billion! WOOT!
Mark620 has just earned 3 billion! WOOT!

slorch just earned 700 million.
Mike has just earned 50 million.

I haven't mentioned it in a while so I'll do so now. The term "earned" is used a lot because each of us works hard to produce the points that we receive. It's our equipment, our time and our electric that we invest in to make this happen. When you get a point, you earned it. No mystery, just a fact. If you have the points, you earned them. Thank you.

That's all I can think of for now. I started a new career and my brain is scrambled. After 25 years, I no longer work in the computer industry.

Be well. Stay cool. Be kind. Rewind. Fold on!

Last edited:
Back