• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First water cooling setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oerllikon

Registered
Hey guys,
I finally pieced everything together for my water cooling setup. I am "upgrading" from a CM hyper 212 that has a noisy high cfm fan on it. The goal was a quieter alternative that works as well or better. This was an absolute budget build. Im a poor college student that just built a new rig like 2 months ago.

I used a fleabay 2pgm 5m head pump. I got a danger den res, 94 exploder trans cooler (I think its the source of my problems), 3/8 fuel line, and what i suspect is the water block from an 880 bigwater kit. Not too bad, but obviously not the best.

With my last setup on air, I was P95 stable on blend for at least a couple hours while staying below 52 degrees. With my new WC loop I ran P95, the temps jumped from 28 to 44, then slowly crept up 53, 54, then I stopped it. I ran it another time and I errored out on the #3 worker, what I think is temperature related..

Soo, my question is.. What do you guys think the weak link in the system is? I suspect the transmission cooler is the problem, Im thinking about a heater core or an actual WC radiator.

My guess is alluminum is mixing with the other metals and you're already corroding as we speak. What liquids are you using? From my understanding anything from bigwater is no good. Curious how much did you spend for all of this? I understand you don't have much funds but you know there are affordable solutions out there in the range of $50-$150.

My guess is alluminum is mixing with the other metals and you're already corroding as we speak. What liquids are you using? From my understanding anything from bigwater is no good. Curious how much did you spend for all of this? I understand you don't have much funds but you know there are affordable solutions out there in the range of $50-$150.
I spent a little under 100, but like to DIY.Im using some coolant treatment from the auto parts store and some distilled water. Its a pretty ghetto setup, I know.
I moved my adda fan to the radiator instead of an intake fan on my case. i noticed wherever I throttled it it didnt affect NB or cpu temps. My proc temp has stabilized now and is hovering between 50 and 51.

Is this cooling system for the system in your signature? If it is I wouldn't go ghetto or cheap if you're pushing 1.58v on a OC lol

Corsair H series Closed Loop Systems are affordable and range around $50-$120 maintenance free.

XSPC has the affordable H20 Kits starting around $150 that includes all the necessities of cooling your CPU and being able to add more to it later down the line.

Last edited:
Is this cooling system for the system in your signature? If it is I would'nt go ghetto or cheap if you're pushing 1.58v on a OC lol

Corsair H series Closed Loop Systems are affordable and range around $50-$120 maintenance free.

XSPC has the affordable package for around $150.

Good call lol, as long as it stays cool I think Im good. Ill look into those systems, I kind of read mixed reviews about the h60, but mostly faborable

Back