• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flemeth (Dragon Age--*SPOILERS*)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So I had Morrigan with my when I met Wynne for the first time, and I hadn't read up on the game too much... anyways, Wynne is dead and Morrigan is my healer/CC... am I screwed for this fight?

Nope, I ended up doing the same thing and didn't have a healer for the fight either. My strategy was to have Leilana equipped to be as fire resistant as possible (at that stage of the game, it was with Wade's Drakeskin armor, some salve, etc.) and have her shoot ice arrows and down healing potions whenever necessary. Everyone else was fodder. My main warrior, Zevran, who I never ever used except for that fight because I could pull all of his level up stuff into being a second Archer, and Sten just attacked away till they died (I didn't heal any of them) and Leilana took care of the rest.

I was definitely not expecting her to turn into a dragon though so the first time I fought her, I was caught totally unawares and just about died immediately. :D

!!! Awesome news... although I don't have an offensive mage I can bring with me against Flemeth... lol so I guess it'll be Leliana + ice arrows when I try it again :D

She's pretty easy to beat once you realize dragons can be frozen by cone of cold :D
Even easier once you realize she doesn't move. So theoretically you could just pew pew her from range (and heal after getting dragon breathed)
:p

you could... but thats no fun!

I went back and beat her with Shale, Leliana, and Wynne with my PC.
She wasn't much of an issue when I fought her this time around. She managed to kill Shale and my PC once, but I was able to res my PC (unfortunately Shale was JUST out of the AoE range) and finished her off.

EPIC final blow there... riding on it with my sword shoved through it's skull. Fun stuff :D

Make sure you set up your combat tactics on the players to use a health thing when their health is <50% and have enough with ya...

also try to attack from the side...

Btw:
Dragon 1: Archdemon
Dragon 2: Flemmeth
Dragon 3: High Dragon

Smaller ones still labeled as Dragon not drake though
Dragon 4: dwarf throne room
Dragon 5: deep roads
Dragon 6: Brecilian ruins
Dragon 7: random encounter

All you need is force field to beat flemeth + high dragon.

1. Alistair do the taunt
2. Everyone move out of range
3. Wait til Alistair is about half health then FF
4. Everyone start doing range damage

Its such a cheap tatic that it make the fight boring. Personally I let Flemeth live cause she did save me in the beginning and she didn't have any loot.

I beat Flemmeth without terribly much difficulty on normal:

Main character: Dual wield rogue with evasion
Alister: Regular sword shield tank
Morrigan: Turned her into a spirit healer
Wynne: Spirit healer

Had the two melee characters on opposite sides of the dragon (one in front, one behind) and the healers out of fire breath range. The dragon could never do enough damage to keep up with healing potions and two healers with regens, heals, group heals, etc.

Like I said before I didn't know you could fight Flemeth with Morrigan, I don't think it's a good idea because she's probably possessed now.

I think that has to be a typo. Every time I visit Flemeth's location with Morrigan, Flemeth isn't there.

you have to have found the black grimoire in the Circle Tower (in Irving's room) and given it to Morrigan. Once you have given it to her, leave camp and go somewhere, or go to camp, depending on where you happened to be when you gave it to her.

She will then ask to you to kill Flemeth and take her real grimoire. Then Flemeth will be standing by the door of her hut.

I know that. I meant after Morrigan tells you that mother must die, if you visit the hut with her in your party, Flemeth isn't there.

You're right I f'd that one up. I had to dump Morrigan and grab Liliana as ranged. The config with 2 healers is what I usually use. I must have just guzzled loads of potions.

Grabbed the Black Grimoire from the Circle tower for Morrigan, she's happy, we "warm up" her tent and so forth. I leave camp, do a few things, she speaks to me about Flemeth and how she has "survived" the multiple centuries that she has.

Morrigan asks me to kill Flemeth. I do a few more things, and I decide to go give it a shot. I'm lvl 12/11 for the party. I get there, and she obliterates me. Literally, I last maybe 30 seconds with Wynne trying to heal. (Trying... she barely has time to get any off)

My party consists of my char, a DPS warrior, Shale, Leliana and Wynne. Leliana is dual weilding, I have not tried leaving her as an archer yet.

I'm playing on the normal difficulty and I really don't wanna wuss out and go to easy for this fight. I will only do so if I can't beat it any other way after trying many, many, many more times than I currently have.

My question-- Who has beat her, and how did you do so? Also, out of curiosity has anybody tried to pickpocket the key from her?

It was easy. My tanks died, but what I found is if, you have two casters keeping thier distance and at least one with heal abilities... lots of mana and health potions, and a bit of micromanagement, you can handle her. Keep them spread out too, that way only one person can take damage from her fireball spells.

Correct, You can't go with Morrigan in your party to fight flemeth

Yes you can. It's not possible. Reason being:
Flemeth plans to steal Morrigan's body. Bringing Morrigan along would give her the perfect oppurtunity.

The difficult of the dragons really depend on your party and your levels. My first go round, Flemeth was easy and the one by the place where you find the Urn of ashes was tough but my second play through, I waited to fight the dragon by the Urn and made mincemeat of him but I fought Flemeth early on and she as tougher than the first time. The final dragon/arch demon is really the easiest because of the big ballisters/arrow launchers. Just use those and you'll take him down with extreme ease, it will just take a while.

Hey Aynjell, what's the coding for that spoiler button? That was pretty awesome.

The title is kind of a spoiler also, when I saw the title I already knew I had to fight Flemeth at some point.

Anyway for me I had to make a bunch of health poultices, costing me a lot of gold. I couldn't use morrigan so I couldn't freeze her, and I killed wynne which sucked for me.

The difficult of the dragons really depend on your party and your levels. My first go round, Flemeth was easy and the one by the place where you find the Urn of ashes was tough but my second play through, I waited to fight the dragon by the Urn and made mincemeat of him but I fought Flemeth early on and she as tougher than the first time. The final dragon/arch demon is really the easiest because of the big ballisters/arrow launchers. Just use those and you'll take him down with extreme ease, it will just take a while.

Hey Aynjell, what's the coding for that spoiler button? That was pretty awesome.

It's
, the closing tag [/sp0iler] must be used also, but of course replace the 0 in the closing tag with an 'o', the 0 was placed there to avoid the tags being rendered.

The title is kind of a spoiler also, when I saw the title I already knew I had to fight Flemeth at some point.

Anyway for me I had to make a bunch of health poultices, costing me a lot of gold. I couldn't use morrigan so I couldn't freeze her, and I killed wynne which sucked for me.

In my second playthrough, I was in the same boat as you. If you have an archer character then load them up with ice arrows or use ice bolts with a crossbow and use the ice salve on all of your characters. The ice salve will let them take less damage from the dragon's flames and the ice arrows/bolts do some nice damage while also staying out of the dragon's attack range.

Back