• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flood of unwanted video cards at newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you're in the UK... why not just order them from the EU? Like Ireland or something. Or even here in Germany. We've got tons of cards...

If I wanted (and if I didn't have such a stressful morning...) I could order any video card I want right now. NVIDIA, AMD, whatever...

The point I was making is not that you can't buy GPUs, but the choice and pricing is very limited again. Thanks to Brexit I believe there are now customs clearance fees from buying outside the UK. Even if that were zero, I just looked on Caseking. Their choice, availability and pricing is no better than the UK. If there are better large suppliers to look at then let me know.

The point I was making is not that you can't buy GPUs, but the choice and pricing is very limited again. Thanks to Brexit I believe there are now customs clearance fees from buying outside the UK. Even if that were zero, I just looked on Caseking. Their choice, availability and pricing is no better than the UK. If there are better large suppliers to look at then let me know.

Caseking is expensive. They have many rare products but prices were always high. OCUK is generally the same but not all products have the same availability. I have lower prices in local stores but some more exotic products or series are not available as the local market is set for mass sales of the most popular products. Proshop is sometimes selling less popular products at reasonable prices. They have stores around the EU but in each country are different products. I was able to get RX6800XT Red Devil for ~1.1k EUR when it was barely available anywhere and other RX6800XT cost around ~1.8k EUR.

Anyone looking at the 6600 XT?

They went live some time earlier. Cheapest I'm seeing currently is £370. There was one listed at £330 but not in stock when I looked. That is also AMD MSRP here. For context, the 3060 is currently starting around £400 and 3060 Ti £585. Those are the currently in stock pricing I see from visiting a handful of UK major sellers. In a quick skim of reviews, 6600XT perf at 1080p is between 3060 and 3060 Ti, but a good way above the 3060 at that. At 4k it falls behind both so not one for higher resolutions (nor was it meant to be).

Danger with looking at lowest in stock pricing is it can change quite fast. In general, cheaper cards sell out faster. Higher priced ones are less desirable so go slowly to those desperate enough or otherwise don't care.

Local stores didn't care to list them yet and I know that they have them in their warehouses. I was curious about prices but can't see anything available.

Edit:
Actually, they started listing various models and prices are about 10% lower than the cheapest RTX3060 LHR. Still, can't find anything available.

Edit2:
I found Powercolor Fighter, Red Devil, and Hellhound available ... so all that Powercolor has in their offer. Around ~530 EUR (inc. 23% VAT).

I hit my local BestBuy at opening time. They had zero stock and I was the only one in the store. The Microcenter 'near' me is quite a bit further. They showed some in stock this morning but are now all gone...at least from what I can glean from the internet.

I hit my local BestBuy at opening time. They had zero stock and I was the only one in the store. The Microcenter 'near' me is quite a bit further. They showed some in stock this morning but are now all gone...at least from what I can glean from the internet.

When is the insanity going to end? Woke videogames and the GPU pricing crunch are killing any interests I had in videogaming.

When is the insanity going to end? Woke videogames and the GPU pricing crunch are killing any interests I had in videogaming.

I'm guilty of this myself, but I think this is a #firstworldproblem and we need to reset expectations a little. It is frustrating not being able to buy the performance level we want at a "reasonable" price, but at the end of the day this is no life or death stuff. If it means we have to use a lower tier GPU and along with that, lower settings for a given desired performance target, just do it. If a game is good, it'll remain good at lower settings. I've accepted my 3070 on native 4k is never going to get 60+ fps at ultra. I might have to drop to high or medium, and/or make use of DLSS/FSR where supported in current or future titles. Enjoy the game, stop worrying about hardware too much.

I'm guilty of this myself, but I think this is a #firstworldproblem and we need to reset expectations a little. It is frustrating not being able to buy the performance level we want at a "reasonable" price, but at the end of the day this is no life or death stuff. If it means we have to use a lower tier GPU and along with that, lower settings for a given desired performance target, just do it. If a game is good, it'll remain good at lower settings. I've accepted my 3070 on native 4k is never going to get 60+ fps at ultra. I might have to drop to high or medium, and/or make use of DLSS/FSR where supported in current or future titles. Enjoy the game, stop worrying about hardware too much.

True... it's all about leisure time. This isn't largely being driven by people needing high power GPUs for rendering designs at work, etc. It's crypto and gaming driving this, from what I can see.

We're a bit spoiled in the first world... friends in Cuba are lining up to get packages of food for their families, while worrying about dying from their massive COVID outbreaks or being beaten, shot, killed or 'disappeared' by the secret police on the streets.

Again, yes, I'm as guilty as anyone else.

Sadly it looks like video cards are just 50%+ more expensive for the forseeable future. It's not as bad for people upgrading because you can get more for what you have but if you're trying to get a new pc from scratch right now I don't envy you. I was lucky enough to sell my 2080ti for $999.99 today which is what I paid for it 2.5 years ago. Not too far back it looked like it was only going to be worth about $300. Hard to believe how things have been flipped and spun around this year.

Bring back Crossfire / SLI / mGPU. Improve the crap out of it for older cards.

Yeah it may have have not made an insane difference but if there is more R&D put into it, it should be able to make a bigger difference.

(G{in}[AK)TION];8168547 said:

Yeah it may have have not made an insane difference but if there is more R&D put into it, it should be able to make a bigger difference.
download.jpeg

:rofl: :p

(G{in}[AK)TION];8168547 said:

It's funny but purely by accident I could try SLI out, but after looking at the power drawn by one 1080ti I realized even an 850 Watt PSU wouldn't be enough and it would turn my computer into a space heater, which wouldn't be too bad during the winter but would be hell on earth during the summer in my un-airconditioned apartment

It's funny but purely by accident I could try SLI out, but after looking at the power drawn by one 1080ti I realized even an 850 Watt PSU wouldn't be enough and it would turn my computer into a space heater, which wouldn't be too bad during the winter but would be hell on earth during the summer in my un-airconditioned apartment

Your right! What was I thinking?!??!

Back