• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

For any Jane's WWII Fighters Fans...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

repo man11

Check out this site http://www.ww2fighters.net/
There are all kinds of ccol mods to the game, and the best part is, they're free! Written by game fans, there are updates to the flight models, tracers that look like the ones in il2, different sound effects, different models of planes, etc.
It is a lot of fun, and it is great bringing the old game back to life!

It's fun checking out the changes after installing the mods. If you have any problem, let me know. It is confusing to install the changes, the installation instructions aren't quite right for Windows XP.

Down the left hand side of the page. Their site is slow today, but it still works. If you click on the Spitfire MkXIV, it'll show you the modded version. Click on download, and you'll get a zip file.

THen you can have things like this.
Wyrmaster, as a senior you ought to know this, why are the attachments no longer visible? Wasn't the 300x300 small enough? Or were too many people finding a way around it?

So, have any of you guys done any of the mods yet? The flight models pack changes the way all of the planes handle in the air.

I setup a bunch of new models and sounds, i havent tried the flight model yet though. I got a new terrain too. And new smoke.

I love this game, I'll give this stuff try if can, see what my 56K limits me too. Soooo much better than Microsoft's crap.

Edit: Wow these mods look fantastic. The Dora series of 190's! There is a god, the axis can finally defend themselves! What idiot left them out to begin with?

Edit v2.0: I just downloaded the D-9. So D-9 use the A-8 flight model? Well that sucks. I thought I had a chance to fly a Real fighter for once.

Last edited:
Thanks Repoman11, these mods have rejuvenated my Jane's WWII Fighters addiction...
Things don't get much better than this: Longnose 190's, B-Model Mustang's w/Malcom hood, RAZORBACK Thunderbolts, Galland's ME-109 AND ME-262, Natural Metal Lightnings and Griffon-powered Spitfire's...
Loving the Spring Terrain and Eight Trees Mods as well...Nothing like having to root out the enemy armor in the thick forests...Whew!!
Man, this is wonderful...

:D :D :D

Check it out guys, new mods if you haven't been there lately. New fall terrain, and new flak sound effects. It also changes the explosion when planes auger in, gives it a nice satifying BOOM that sounds great through the subwoofer. Now if one of those wizards could just figure out how to fix the ME-262...
Maybe in time.
T"wolves, you may have figured this out allready, if you install the FM pack for 1945, it gives you the flight model for the D-9. I'm waiting (hoping) for an FM for the D-13, I'm sure its performance was at least a little better than the D-9.

Last edited:
I thought I'd give this a bump, for anyone who might be interested and didn't see it the first time. There have been quite a few mods posted in the last couple of months. And I'm eagerly anticipating Rammjager's latest work of art, a new P-51D.
re*****053.jpg
P-51D

Well, I can't link to the P-51 image, because the stupid language filter doesn't like the name, colloquial for prostitute.
So take a look at his latest P47 instead.
BigAssBird2a.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I found this thread through Google and it seems relatively alive, which is not very common for this old game. So I thought I'd ask it here: I have installed WWII Fighters on my Lenovo S10e, but when I launch it, the game window becomes corrupt (see images below). You can make out some items in the menu, like "fly now", but, for example, when you load a mission you cannot start playing it as the "Fly" button is actually ouside the window. Any ideas? When flying, everything works ok, albeit in 640x480 resolution.
Images: how the intro movie looks: http://postimage.org/image/12zinzl50/
and how the menu looks: http://postimage.org/image/12zlz2a4k/

Thanks for your input in advance!

Back