• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

from winchester to venise??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

makaka

hi all

i am runnig know a winchester 3000+@2550mhz(283*9) prime 95 stable(24h) with 1.55v
cpu is water cooled (25 idle ,34 loadc)

mobo is GA-K8NSC-939
link: http://tw.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-K8NSC-939.htm
the only mobo here who support 939 cpu with agp card and nforce chipset

-venice core has just come to ukraine yesterday.

my cpu can t overclock more no metre witch voltage to put in it .i think that the memory controler is craping out with more than 283 fsb.
worth it to update to the venice 3000+ for additional 20$ ??
i see that people are getting better result with it (*bble) with 2.7-2.9 range
mabe some water chilling get me to the 3 ghz range (how know :) )

Last edited:
You might get a little more oc. If you can return your chip and get a venice then it might be worth it but if you have to pay full price I don't think it would be worth it.

venice wll overclock the same, if not better....and run cooler.

only things you need to consider.

If you can sell your winnie then you should get venice, other than that if you don't have money to spend I don't think that its worth the upgrade cause you might not get higher than 2.7GHz with venice which is what most people are getting.

yeah i am selling my winnie (retail)for 140$ and getting the venice for 170$(box)
selling the cooler for 10$

so the update will cost to me 20$
hope that i will get cbble or better :cool:

Sounds like a great deal for you. Do those numbers include shipping?

AFAIK, all Venice CPUs are CBBLE or better. I think most people are getting LBBLE these days.

yes this is include the shipping (good deal)
somethings stronge i found a venice lbbid
sound like that this is a winchester...????....

Back