• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fuzzy Logic

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itizme

This is from what I hear in many articles a very good overclocking program that MSI has developed for us never leave good enough alone guys and gals.
So here is the question I have about it, make that two.
Why no manual to be found - don't expect an answer to this one

THE BIG ONE!!!!!!!!!
What does "priviledged instruction" mean when one goes to apply changes or have the program automation do the overclocking. Toms and others never mention this part as I imagine they know too much or never have a problem.

MSI has the right idea, provide safe overclocking, just wish it would work for me so I wouldn't have to remember all of the old tricks from days gone by.

Thanks
Getting braver in the bios, alot of reading and yes some good answers here as well.
Learning more and more about the fuzzy logic and to be honest I think learning the old fashioned way and having wallet in hand just in case seems to be alot more fun.
Bumped the fsb up another 10 to 120. Maybe the jump is too much too fast but I would rather find it be bad there and back down than be a chicken and creep it up.
Perhaps you know this one?? The voltage for the processor, when would I adjust that and why???
Steve

You need to adjust voltage as you increase the FSB speed- If the voltage is too low you probably wont get into windows. However don't crank up the voltage too high beacuse a voltage increase also means an increase in heat.
I can get my P4 2.4 to run up to about 150FSB (It's 133MHz stock) on stock voltage of 1.5V. Ive been able to get it up to 162MHz by increasing to 1.65V on the core.
You may also need to increase the voltage to your memory as you increase the FSB. I run the memory at 2.6V (up from 2.5) when I go above 150 FSB.

Hope this helps.

No, it doesn't do anything so I uninsatlled it.
was thinking maybe it was a Cellery type thing, might try a P3 1.2 and see what happens?
Have you been able to get it to work??
:santa:

Bee- I have Fuzzy Logic 4 installed but never used it. I prefer to tweak through the BIOS. I believ Fuzzy Logic will save your settings assuming that the OC settings you change to will enable the system to boot, if you system becomes unstable I believe Fuzzy Logic will reboot with default settings.
Of course if you OC in the BIOS and the system becomes so unstable that it wont boot, you can reset the BIOS to default via a jumper on the motherboard (at least on mine, check your mobo manual)

Quick note;

not all of the boards require you to open your case to reset the BIOS. I have the MSI 694T Pro aka 6309v5.0 when i do my overclocking and it messes up, i reset the system just hit the 'home' button on my keyboard a few times and my system will reboot with the BIOS getting the default settings that work the best. It's the dumby proof safety feature. :D :burn:

Back