• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-8370 non clocked with stock cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Axaro

Hello
So my Q is... Will my cpu (FX-8370) be ok with stock cooler, if I don't want to overclock it?

Yes it should be fine at stock. Is that the Wraith cooler? What motherboard?

The Wraith is a "good" stock cooler. It's not great as far as coolers go but much better than any other stock cooler I have used. I asked about the motherboard because even at stock some boards will throttle the CPU back in heavy load situations.

Okey... and if im oc it, how far could I do it with CM 212 evo? I just dont know a shi* about oc... :D

Most likely another 1-200MHz more than the wraith. What is your motherboard though? It's important.

When you go to OC first read the guide that is linked in my sig for the FX processor. It'll help.

MSI motherboards and the overclocking of FX CPUs don't go well together. The MSI boards just don't seem to stand up to the power draw and heat generated by the FX CPUs. But if your cooling is limiting you to a mild overclock then you might be okay.

On the 212 EVO, Johan is pretty close. I am running my FX8320e @4.2 (no turbo). My 212 has a bit more head room, but not much. It wasn't worth pushing it higher with the summer (and no AC) coming here in Colorado.

Back