• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA 7N400 Pro - Have this MOBO ????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andypandy

Registered
Quick and really easy question if you have this board, but the fan beneath the CPU (the AGP 8x) is it supposed to be on and working all the time ? I've never seen mine come on and I've got problems.
Strangley every morning, on switching the unit on I get the system32/config/system file being corrupt and to recover.......

This happens first thing the very next day of using the PC

?

yeah thats a prob. Thats the fan that cools the Northbridge (or chipset, whatever you prefer). Sometimes a motherboard can run without the fan running but if it gets hot it can cause trouble.

Check if the fan is plugged in. If not, plug it in to the appropriate spot (check the manual). If you are not very inclined with hardware, then just take it back/get an rma/let someone else look at it. Otherwiase if you know what yor doing, look for another fan the same size and replace it.

The board is brand new.
I loosened the screws it seems to work now, but my system is still falling over regularly with the same error.

Back