• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-EX38-DS4 Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi Guys

Im using the F1 BIOS, has anybody lost saved BIOS profiles? Im not sure why but sometime after an overclock that didnt post it recivers the BIOS from the hard drive Image ??HUH?? reboots again and standard BIOS again with no saved profiles?

Anybody have this problem ?

That's how this board works. If you set something that it doesn't like, it automatically resets things to defaults. Depending on what you change, it may even restarts a few times by itself.

Yes, I realise this phu, but are you aware of option in the BIOS to hit F11 to save a particular profile to the CMOS? This is what im talking about and not the actual individual settings such as the CPU multiplier, strapping, and voltages. I noticed after having a bit of a play around I had the maximum amounts of saved profiles, had a setting that the board didn’t like. Did the whole restart twice to set the default settings and when I went back in to load a profile up (by hitting F12) in the BIOS, there was nothing. My entire BIOS was back to default with no saved profiles. I thank you for helping me and hope that im clearer in my future explanations.

Oh I see... It happened to me only once and it scared me because I actually saw a message that it restored the bios (I forgot the exact message). Then when I get back to the bios, I lost all saved profiles.

For your case I don't know why. Have you tried to reset the cmos, remove the battery...?

Give bios F3 a shot too. You can save your current bios in case you want to put it back.

Yeah, thats exactly what im talking about, normally when the bios doesnt like the settings you gave it, it just reboots twice without displaying anything on screen. But on this occasion the secind reboot did display something like “ recovering bios from hdd image” . And I was like whats going on here? On upgrading the bios, is F3 better?

I have tried clearing the bios and still have the same problem - but i'll take out the battery and let you know if it still fails.

Thanks for the help

I don't know F3 is better. Even if it's better for me, it doesn't mean it will be better for you. Different hardwares give different results. Since you have issue with F1, it's probably a good idea to try.

Hello folks!

I have the setup listed in my signature and im having weird overclock problems.
My system is rock stable at stock speeds but when i try a little overclock from 2666Mhz to 2760Mhz (333Mhz FSB to 345Mhz FSB) the system already becomes semi-unstable. I've tried a lower CPU multiplier and multiple (also lower) memory multipliers and it doesn't change anything. I've tried increasing voltages but nothing seems to increase stability at all. I consider myself a reasonably experienced overclocker, however my previous systems we're all AMD and this mainboard does have a few settings i'm not familiar with.
Right now the system is running at 8x345=2760Mhz and when i first started prime95 (v25) one core failed right away. (sometimes one core fails sometimes two) I stopped the other tests and started it up again and now it's been running without any problems for over 2 hours. Also sometimes when i start prime95 and one (or two) core(s) fails and i stop the other threads i'll get a bluescreen and the system will reboot. So it doesn't crash during prime95, but as soon as i stop prime95?!?!

The board came with the F2 BIOS and it wasn't even stable enough to install windows. F3 is supposed to be the only one that supports the X3350 and Q9450, so i flashed the F3 BIOS. Any reason for me to give F1 a try or will that not even work at all with the X3350?

Any help in the right direction would be very much appreciated :)

Thanks!

Abducted, I just asked a couple of questions on similar post on the CPU section but I just notice that you run your RAM at 1.8V. Is that the recommended voltage and settings for your RAM?

No it's 2.1v but it's (prime95 v25 and memtest86+) stable at 1000Mhz 5-5-5-18 at 1.8v too. But i have tested all the way to to 2.2v with a low divider (so it'll run a little over 800Mhz) and the 'normale' divider so it'll run a lill over 1000Mhz.
I'll try and answer the questions in the other post later today, i have to get to work now :) But at least i found somebody with the same board and a 45nm quad. :D

Here are the settings that I played with and I was able to prime for an hour or so. Hopefully it helps someone. Note below that only memory setting that works for me is 2.40B. Blanks mean defaults.

CPU Host Frequency(Mhz) : 463 453
PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) : 100 100
System Memory Multiplier (SPD) 2.40B 2.40B

CAS Latency Time: : 5 5
DRAM RAS# to CAS# : 5 5
DRAM RAS# Precharge : 5 5
Precharge Delay(tRAS) : 14 12

ACT to ACT Delay(tRRD) : 5 3
Rank Write to READ Delay : 5 3
Write To Precharge Delay : 5 5
Refresh to ACT Delay : 55 55
Read To Precharge Delay : 6 3
tRD : 7 7
tRD Phase Adjustment : 1 1
Command to #CS Timing: : 2T 2T

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control : 800
CPU Clock Skew Control : 50
(G)MCH Clock Skew Control : 200

DDR2 OverVoltage Control : +0.35 +.3
PCI-E OverVoltage Control :
FSB OverVoltage Control : +.3 +.05
(G)MCH OverVoltage Control : +.3
CPU GTLREF1 Voltage* : +.3% +.3%
CPU Voltage Control : 1.30625 1.25

Hey guys - have you had 3dmark freeze after being stable on prime for over an hour - just doesnt make sense to me? Hope its just a once off - can anybody explain?

Have you guys noticed if you get better/easier stablity with a strapping of higher frequency than a lower one? Such as the xxD options which run at a freq of 400Hz instead of 200Hz?

I am trying for 3.5GHz with my Q6600 on this board, 3.6 just seems a bit to warm for me in a 20c room.

Do you guys use small ftt's or large just to test the CPU? and if your stressed it and no errors are you safe to assume you have the correct voltage?

Back