• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Game crashing with 800xl?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skiing Squirrel

I bought Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends. The game will simply crash 10-30 minutes into the game for no apparently reason. I have updated all the patches for the game and loaded in the latest drivers for my ATI.... Still crashes. I popped in my 6600 and it works perfectly fine. I know there is nothing wrong with the card because it runs all my other games perfectly fine. But this game is a great game to play... But obvisously it is the ATI cards that is causing it not to run. Apparently other people with ATI cards are having this problem too. What to do? This is my last straw with ATI. I don't want to buy a card that can't run every game out on the market.

couple of points...
1. I have read that the cat 6.6 are glitchy, maybe try 6.5 or 3rd party drivers
2. When switching between cards, did you use driver cleaner pro to remove driver remnants?

chevro1et said:
couple of points...
1. I have read that the cat 6.6 are glitchy, maybe try 6.5 or 3rd party drivers
2. When switching between cards, did you use driver cleaner pro to remove driver remnants?

I'm using Omega drivers
and yes, I use driver cleaner pro.

Back