• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce 7 7900 on March 9/06 (90nm G71)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
custom90gt said:
well #19 in the Queue for a 7900gtx EGS, will let you guys know when i get it...

dude sweet ! you got a rig just like mine now we can compare !!

I wanna see 13,500 in 05 out of you with 2,8 dually and 705/1700 on that card !!

custom90gt said:
well #19 in the Queue for a 7900gtx EGS, will let you guys know when i get it...
Queue? EGS = Engineering Sample? I'm lost...

Rattle said:
dude sweet ! you got a rig just like mine now we can compare !!

I wanna see 13,500 in 05 out of you with 2,8 dually and 705/1700 on that card !!

lol, im just looking for 10-11k scores. We will see how the card does under water, hopefully will oc pretty good.

g0dM@n said:
Queue? EGS = Engineering Sample? I'm lost...

I'm doing EVGAs stepup program, so there are a couple people ahead of me that will get their cards first. I hope they get a bunch in so the queue doesn't take too long.

custom90gt said:
lol, im just looking for 10-11k scores. We will see how the card does under water, hopefully will oc pretty good.

cool man any timeframe on getting it ?

with your rig at the speeds in your sig you'll nail 10k easily I would imagine with a stock card.

Rattle said:
cool man any timeframe on getting it ?

with your rig at the speeds in your sig you'll nail 10k easily I would imagine with a stock card.

not a clue when i'll get it, I'm just glad I got in the queue before my step-up expired. I plan on doing a little compairison between the 7800 and 7900 if time allows (college sucks).

custom90gt said:
I'm doing EVGAs stepup program, so there are a couple people ahead of me that will get their cards first. I hope they get a bunch in so the queue doesn't take too long.
What does the EGS mean, though?

g0dM@n said:
What does the EGS mean, though?

I'm not too sure, its just the extra stuff EVGA throws on their titles. Probably stands for extreme gaming system or something.

I just tried to do the step up program on EVGAs website, and there wasn't any 7900gt cards listed to step up too. How did you do it? Did you have to call them?

Thanks,

Marlon

snakeskinner said:
I just tried to do the step up program on EVGAs website, and there wasn't any 7900gt cards listed to step up too. How did you do it? Did you have to call them?

Thanks,

Marlon

they are now listed on the step-up page, they werent this morning.

Aha, just went back and they are there now.

So i'm now in the queue for a 7900gt. When I looked this morning, they had the price listed at $299. But now there is no price listed, it just says call. I hope we don't get screwed and they raise up the price a lot. I paid $285 for my 7800gt just a couple weeks ago, so I shouldn't have to fork out much to get the new card.

And how the heck can EVGA have them on backorder when they make the dern cards? Everyone else has EVGA cards and they are selling them, but EVGA is out of stock? LOL thats just funny.

Marlon

I think EVGA is obligated to supply their retailers. If i'm evga, I will do exactly the same thing. I set my priorities to supply my retailers, and the step-up program will be secondary.

Gonna wait a few weeks, and then probably step-up to a 7900GT unless the difference in price between my 7800GT and the 7900GTX isnt too much. Here to hoping :)

CalsonicGTR said:
Gonna wait a few weeks, and then probably step-up to a 7900GT unless the difference in price between my 7800GT and the 7900GTX isnt too much. Here to hoping :)

prices through evga will probably remain the same for a few months since they sell their cards at MSRP. Check out the prices on the 7800gts and such, quite a bit higher then everywhere else. I dont forsee the gtx dropping below 499 for a long time.

Dang, i don't have the serial number on hand. Will have to enter it in tonight. Hopefully i won't be number 123821398123 in line for it!

Back