• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GF3 and AGP support?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

surfinguru

Ok, my mobo only supports up to AGP2x. GF3 goes up to AGP4x. How much of a performance hit should I expect or is it even an issue since I'm o/cing?

Don't fret, with your system specs you won't notice a whole lot, the bandwidth is still great enough for some impressive results. There is a hit, but it's usually a 3dmark score drop and not in noticeable performance. I have AGP 2X and get some pretty remarkable results (see specs below).

That is a very big lie. AGP speeds reflect how much data can travel across the bus. 4xAGP allows over a gigabyte a second of data across the bus. The geforce3 is a high resolution card. Without hi-res the geforce is nothing more than an hyped up GTS2 Pro. Your going to need 4xAGP to hit 1600x1200 at a decent frame rate...

(2AGP) = 512000000 / 1600x1200x4 (4 bytes = 32bits)

66.6fps absolute maximum (considering its just video buffer)

This is poor considering i get 70-100 fps in Q3 at 1600x1200 with my GF3

I agree with pitspawn. And specially you, pinky should have noticed the difference from 2x to 4xAGP with your MX. I got over 10% overall performance gain...

Back