• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ghost 2002 won't install on XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ducker

I just purchased Norton Ghost 2002. Looks like a great program, I've sure heard a lot of good about it. Anyway, it will not install on my Windows XP Pro partition. It runs the install program, and appears to be about finished, then starts to "roll back" the installation. The wizard screen comes back and says "The wizard was interrupted before Norton Ghost 2002 could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again." I checked Symantec's web site for a solution to this. I was able to find the same error message that I was getting in their tech support section. They said that they were "aware of this" and that they had no solution for it at this time. They gave a few possible workarounds, none of which worked for me. Norton says that Ghost 2002 will work on Windows XP Pro, I checked that out before buying it. I was able to install Ghost on my Windows 98 partition with no problems. I know that I can run Ghost in DOS & clone any partition on my hard drive, but I would like to be able to use Ghost Explorer while working on my XP partition. I can't do this since it won't install on my XP partition. I use the XP partition probably 90 % of the time. Has any one else had this problem with Ghost? Any suggestions on how to get it to install on the XP partition? Thanks.

Back