• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got an ol 300mhz pentium

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YoungstaxGx

/intel 810 motherboard can i overclock it? there is nopthing in the bios to do so...is there some sort of bios update that make it i can overclock?

If it's an Intel-branded motherboard, it's next to impossible to overclock unless there are jumpers on the board which allow you to overclock or if programs like Softfsb will allow you to overclock in Windows.

oh and another question is the Pentium II 300mhz PPGA? i have a board that used to have a celeron ppga 533 (gave it away). Will it fit

No, all Pentium II's came in the Slot 1 form factor, as well as a few Celerons. The only processors to use the PPGA format were Celerons up to 533MHz.

SoftFSB can be found at aoafiles.com under "Utilities" and then "Motherboard and CPU Tweak Files". Hope this helps.

Ofcourse.

Search for: slockets / slotkets / slot1 convertors / (more?..)

Two main choices:
PPGA and FCPGA.

To be prepared for future upgrades a convertors that allows for both ppga and fcpga (by means of a jumper or switch) is best I think.

Also keep in mind that a slot1 P2-300 (Klamath core) has 2.8Volts vcore.
The C533 needs 2.0Volt.

Make sure the C533 doesn't get 2.8Volt.

gl.

Back