• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Greater Boston Area -- LAN/PC party March 22-23

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pinky

Okay, it looks like there will be a third official LAN party, but because of hosting issues we cannot have an open invite to the whole forums. As much as it pains me to turn anyone away :(, it's not my home to open to strangers and cannot expect non-forum members to do so. :)

With that being said, attendence is open to all that attended the last party and immediate friends of those members. All others will have to wait until #4 which will probably be held around March 2004.

Tentative date is November 29th and 30th in the Albany NY area (still working out details).

More soon to come (in the form of PMs or email).

If I do not have your email or to be sure you get the invite, please email me!
[email protected]

The LAN was a success. All parties had fun. 1:30PM Sunday, still remaining are JohnC, Thundr7, Pinky, and Rogerdugans.

We have posted pics from the LAN:

http://www.getgood.com/dfgnet/images/lan/mar03lan.html

and

http://www.getgood.com/dfgnet/images/lan2/mar03lan.html

Here is a list of those who have expressed some level of interest (in no particular order):

Thundr7 (Arrived)
Pinky (Arrived)
Rogerdugans (Home)
Stompah (Arrived)
Mr. B (Arrived)
Xevuhtess7 (confirmed for Sat noon arrival)
JohnOC (confirmed)
{PMS}fishy (confirmed 8PM arrival)

X2sandman and co. (unable to attend)
Edysalt (unable to attend)
Newbie_Doo and newbie_junior (unable to attend)
ToledoSteel (unable to attend)

Games:

UT2003
Counterstrike (Half Life)
Army Ops
Starcraft

:D

[Details to Follow]

If you have not emailed me, and you plan on attending, please do so immediately ([email protected]). I will be launching an email very soon to all those who have contacted me with food details and driving directions.

If there are any game suggestions or specific questions now's the time to ask. There should be plenty of power supplies and network cabling on hand, but bring yours just to be sure! Also, marking your items will ensure that no one leaves without all their things.

Hope to see you all Saturday for food and fun.

Kevin

Our fellow member rogerdugans has opened his home for a second time to a small LAN party March 22-23 in the Boston area and invites all overclockers.com members to attend.

You must be "of age" to attend, meaning if you're under 18 we will EXPECT you get permission from your parents. I would be fine in speaking with them myself if they had any worries or concerns.

With that being said, all who were able to get to Andover to attended the last party were of drinking age. That is to say all are welcome, but be warned that we're "old farts" compared to most of our general membership (I'm 27 myself, rogerdugan's older than me, and we're not hip gangstas :p).

We'll have a good internet connection available to us and many ports on the internal network for some serious gaming. We will NOT have a lot of good, spare gaming machines (only rogerdugan's folding/seti farm, with 2MB PCI video cards :p ). This became a bit of an issue at the last party, so expect to bring all your own PC gear. Power strips, network cables, and maybe NICs will be supplied.

The games to be played will be determined at a later date (obviously, UT2003 will be one of them). Depending on the budgets and interests of those attending, we may stick to one or two for the entire party. This is a minor detail because if enough people attend we can split things off into several, smaller groups playing games of their choice or setup a rotation between games of interest.

There's plenty of room for PCs and people, so bring a sleeping bag if you're expecting to crash out. Since there's no charge (like we could), you'll be expected to feed yourself, so bring food and/or money. We may make arrangements to provide food (depending on the response), and have essentials (like soda, coffee, and snacks) purchased in bulk ahead of time.

Last edited:
[very elderly voice] 27?? Ahhh, to be 27 again.... Well to me there sonny, you are one of them "hip gangsters"..aheeeaheee *wheeze* And I'll whip your little behind at that Unreal Tounrament 2003, too. Young whippersnapper! aheeeaheee *wheeze*

Are there any Bingo halls nearby there, in case I want to cruising for a little "action", Junior?? :D [/very elderly voice]

Mr B
Sunnydale Retirement Village

:p

Hmm... I'm under 18 and I'd like to go, and my parents would probably let me but... I wouldn't have a ride there. My parents won't make a 3 hour trip for me, and I don't blame 'em. =(

-PC

Cullam3n said:
Hmm... I'm under 18 and I'd like to go, and my parents would probably let me but... I wouldn't have a ride there. My parents won't make a 3 hour trip for me, and I don't blame 'em. =(

-PC

And, unfortunately, you're not on the way there from Albany.

I should have added that I can offer anyone a ride on my trek from Albany eastward to Andover, but you have to be relatively close to 90/the mass turnpike... it's a 3 hour drive as it is.

Yeah I was talking about you specifically. If no one near me is going to give me a ride, then I simply won't come. Not that big of a deal.

But let me check the dates first when I get home to see if I can actually go.

-PC

Nice job Pinky ;)
Better than I'd have done, probably, lol!

Sorry to hear you can't make it Cullam3n, but if things change you are still welcome to show up- as is anyone else.

Maps and directions will be supplied when the date gets a bit closer, but roughly (for estimating travel time) I am in the northeast corner of Massachusetts: about 40 minutes from Boston or Worcester.

I have plenty of free ports in hubs/switches, and fast computers, but as Pinky said most of my video cards.......leave something to be desired:D (Some don't actually even WORK, but they do tell the mobo a card is installed- which is enough for a Farm :D)

As people post that they are coming, post the games you have/ want to play- we'll edit this and get a list going after we get a few:
UT
Starcraft
Americas Army
Are all in my current arsenal;)

Mr B: I'm sure we can find a Bingo hall for you..............

rogerdugans said:
Sorry to hear you can't make it Cullam3n, but if things change you are still welcome to show up- as is anyone else.

Heh I'm going to argue with my parents to see if I can go. It's the whole weekend and I have school the next day after, so I'm probably going to have to be home by 7-8ish. If I can do that, then I can probably come. Of course, that's assuming if I have a ride there. =P

You ain't seeing me on the train with a computer in my hands. :eek:

-PC

Never been to a LAN party before. Anyone going by Phoenix, Az that I could bum a ride from???

/Thumb sticking eagerly in the air

On a serious note does anyone within say 3-4 hours of Phx throw LAN parties that I might be able to hook up with?

LOL steel!

Well, I mentioned the idea to my dad, and first he asked how I was going to get there. Said I wasn't sure. Then he called the idea of going a "nonstarter."

Think Pinky has to talk to my parents on the phone.

-PC

Cullam3n said:
LOL steel!

Well, I mentioned the idea to my dad, and first he asked how I was going to get there. Said I wasn't sure. Then he called the idea of going a "nonstarter."

Think Pinky has to talk to my parents on the phone.

-PC

I'll PM you :).

{PMS}fishy said:
Ill probally go.

We have to play CS though.

I'm sure there will be some CS players around. I personally only played a little bit a long time ago.

interesting. I have a "possie" of ma' "homeslices" and we be bustin' dat' grill up fo sho....sucka.

On a serious note. Ill see if i will be able to make it. I have my brother (18) who browses here a little who would most likely tag along if i came so i have a ride (regretting holding off on getting permit due to lazyness).He plays just about anything so he shouldn't be a problem. I'll talk to the parentals about it and see what they say, then look at the calender because we might be going skiing that weekend but i'll check it out. As for games i suggest ut2k3 (if i can somehow get my cd working again) and BF1942. Ill drop you a PM sometime in the near future Pinky.

-Andrew
Pony crew :)

Er, Hi.

I'm interested. I don't have too much in the way of recent FPS games, but I can suggest Rogue Spear (sequel to Rainbow Six) as a truly excellent co-operative or competitive game for a LAN.

I can probably arrange to bring two computers that will qualify as decent gaming rings, though I only have one monitor worth talking about.

Pinks and Roger:

Count on at least one more old fart unless something drastic arises. I am only 500 miles away!! Easy day trip! LOL

Can I bring my kid? He claims to be able to smoke all of you on any game you can think of... :D

N_D

I must say I am interested in this. I am only bout 20 min from stamford Cullam3n, but I don't know If I can come for sure. I have work and school. I have never been to a LAN party before, is it alot of fun, seems like it would be a blast. As for Pheonix, I hope they have peopel doing this sort of thing since i am on my way out there in may - ASU baby.

Back