• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Greater Boston Area -- LAN/PC party March 22-23

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ToledoSteel said:
I must say I am interested in this. I am only bout 20 min from stamford Cullam3n, but I don't know If I can come for sure. I have work and school. I have never been to a LAN party before, is it alot of fun, seems like it would be a blast. As for Pheonix, I hope they have peopel doing this sort of thing since i am on my way out there in may - ASU baby.

This will be the second event we have at my house- also the second LAN I've been to ;)

First one was held on short notice and the only people able to make it were Pinky, Stompah, a buddy of mine in town and myself- but a good time was had anyway:D

We spent quite a bit of time screwing around with systems to start with because we were NOT well prepared: I didn't set up well (not expecting many of us) and we did not coordinate games well- but it was still a good time messing around.

This time should be much better: more notice so better planning and it looks like more people will be showing.

I will be setting up the house BEFORE people show- I plan on three rooms being set up with tables, ethernet and power and I have a few more rooms we can set up if needed.......

Kids are fine by me- I have none but I think kids are great ( I do have a nephew I dote on: almost 3 years old and he has a computer with an [email protected] mother has a 450 mhz pc)
But note that I would not expect all language to meet the PG-13 rating we keep here at the forums: that would be tough in the middle of a Frag-Fest!

ToledoSteel said:
I must say I am interested in this. I am only bout 20 min from stamford Cullam3n, but I don't know If I can come for sure. I have work and school. I have never been to a LAN party before, is it alot of fun, seems like it would be a blast. As for Pheonix, I hope they have peopel doing this sort of thing since i am on my way out there in may - ASU baby.

Well thanks for the would-be offer, but my report card came in today, and doesn't seem like I have any chance of going. =(

-PC

Good news -- Thundr7, member here and real-life friend (lives a few miles away in Albany) will likely be joining us.

Count me in on this! IF anyone living around the Boston/Dorchester area, i'll pick you up with my Mercedes ML430 SUV. By then we can cruise over. You pay the gas!!!

XyKo said:
Count me in on this! IF anyone living around the Boston/Dorchester area, i'll pick you up with my Mercedes ML430 SUV. By then we can cruise over. You pay the gas!!!

Do they have to pay the gas cause your broke after the benz?

ToledoSteel said:
Also how much notice do you need?

Depends on a few things (like if we're going to be supplying anything i nthe way of food).

To be safe, say 1 week. If you just decide to show up we'll be more than happy to have you, but don't expect soup and salad :p.

As for games, no list has been drawn up. For sure UT2003 and CS will be in attendance.

Just found out that I have work that weekend. Are we going to be playing all night long? Ill stop by on Sat after work around 7pm.

{PMS}fishy said:
Just found out that I have work that weekend. Are we going to be playing all night long? Ill stop by on Sat after work around 7pm.

We'll definitely be in full swing by 7PM Saturday, so you can still get hours of gaming in before you'd have to get some sleep for Sunday.

Home for a few hours.....

As far as how late games will be played:

Depends on how long people keep playing:)
No "curfew" planned so it can run straight through the night as long as someone is still playing:)

I probably won't stay up all night, but that doesn't mean the festivities end: bring a sleeping bag if you want, or not- all will be welcome to find floor space to sleep on :D as needed.

W00t! As far as games:

UT2003
Quake3 Arena and Quake3 Team Arena if any "old timers" wanna play.

My first LAN, wahoooo !!

Back