• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guess how much a p4 2.2Ghz 512k in box is going for

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
haha obviously i got the 2000 but i got it for $236 when i got mine a few weeks ago. :)

By now, we should all know that XPs are much less expensive than equivalent Intel CPUs. You'd have to be rich or nuts to pay for any recent CPU (XP or PIV) without giving it some consideration. For me, the logical choice is AMD, but you may prefer Intel. As long as you don't flame me for my choice, I'm content to let you spend your money as you like.
Mr. $T$'s post accents one of the major arguments for AMD chips, but I'm sure that the Intel users here are very familiar with his point of view. It's not coing to change anything, and I'm getting quite tired of these hopeless debates where an irresistable force meets an immovable object.

hmm Okay here's another one:

A site has a 1.65Ghz processor for $260
and a 1.45Ghz (otherwise identical) for $120.

110% performance for 220% price?

(to avert bias I have deleted my sig)

Ugmore Baggage said:
hmm Okay here's another one:

A site has a 1.65Ghz processor for $260
and a 1.45Ghz (otherwise identical) for $120.

110% performance for 220% price?

(to avert bias I have deleted my sig)

only 216% of price :)

and my vote is AMD 2K+ all the way!

Gandalf said:
DUAL 2000+ for just a few more $ than ONE 2.2!!!! :D

You could get two xp 2000s for less than a p4 2.2, more than a $100 differnce considering the xp is only about $220 on newegg.
And you don't need a mps becuase abot 95% of the time xps will work as mps. By the way if anyone didn't know they are selling the xp 2100+ for $300 on newegg. Personally I would would wait for the t-bred though.

now tell me what was the point of posting this in the intel section...does this post help anyone at all? sounds like someones trying to start a flame war......

but lets play fair....

guess how much a 1.6A 512cache is going for: `137$
guess how much an Athlon 1600+ is going for: 110$

guess what the average oc for the 1.6A is: 2.32GHZ
guess what the average oc for the 1600+is: 1.61GHZ

guess which offers better price/performance?....anyone?:D

Good point Funnydude. Also, I'd rather pay a little more for better stability and higher quality chipsets of most Intel mobos. Since I can afford it, I'd also rather pay a little more to have a much faster system and more performance than any currently available AMD system.

Admittedly, I don't spend much time in the AMD sections of this forum. Can someone tell me if Intel people routinely go over there trying to stir up trouble and flaming other people's equipment? Why do AMD cult fanatics feel obligated to try and convert everyone to their way of thinking?

Last edited:
This little stunt is not saying much for AMD'rs intelligence any way!

It was pretty stupid to say the least!

Where the heck did you see that price? That's almost $200 more than they can be had for currently, and seeing as how they overclock to 3GHz with a little effort it's a pretty sweet chip.

TC said:
Where the heck did you see that price? That's almost $200 more than they can be had for currently, and seeing as how they overclock to 3GHz with a little effort it's a pretty sweet chip.

OK 100 dollars off.

$464 - Pentium 4 2.2GHz Sock 478

According to PriceWatch

Regardless of the 100 dollar price difference from what he posted, I'd go AMD anyways, saving tons of money, and the extra gig or something would only help me during Seti.

Yodums

I've owned AMD systems and liked them a lot even though I'm in an Intel phase now. But I've always found AMD fan boys to be real ********. They're always stirring up sh*t and trying to flame Intel users at every forum I visit. I used to wonder why, but I don't care anymore. I really wish the moderators would handle this like they handle a cooling thread in a video forum. Just move it where it belongs a let the AMD'ers carry on with their immature banter.

DaveB said:
I've owned AMD systems and liked them a lot even though I'm in an Intel phase now. But I've always found AMD fan boys to be real ********. They're always stirring up sh*t and trying to flame Intel users at every forum I visit. I used to wonder why, but I don't care anymore. I really wish the moderators would handle this like they handle a cooling thread in a video forum. Just move it where it belongs a let the AMD'ers carry on with their immature banter.

Hehe, I love Intel, I use to be an Intel lover. Just that I'd go with them if I had tons of money in my pocket. But as for now, I'd like to save money, and I just think AMD price for performance is right.

Also for the love of Intel I still have, I visit the Intel forums more than I do at the AMD CPU's.

Yodums

I personally am a loyal AMD fan but I am also constantly in the Intel section. I try to learn as much as I can from both sides. I have experienced this kind of flaming or behavior on both sides and i would like to say, don't take it as the whole of the other side. Yes there are incidents, but don't take them as representing the rest of the people on that side.

Funnyperson brought up a good point. That OC'd Northwood is going to be a bit faster than the OC'd XP. Even so, that 2.2 overclocked will be more powerful than that 2000+.

Now look, you respect my decision, I'll respect yours. I like both Intel and AMD and both have their strong points. I own BOTH brands and can safely say that I have no bias either way. But I'm getting sick and tired of people doing this forum crapping (I derived that term from the term "thread crapping", in case anyone's wondering). Imposing your viewpoints on others isn't going to make them change their mind, it's just going to make them mad. Maybe it's my lack of sleep talking but I don't see any point in this post other than to start a flame war and just make people mad. I've seen some thread crapping in both the AMD and Intel forums by fanboys of the opposite brand, but this is a new low, IMHO.

We have a Debates section, use it next time you feel the undying desire to start a thread like this.

I am not trying to start a war. I think Intel chips a Fine, but overpriced. As the above said thay both have strong points. I have worked on Intel thay are fine chips. I just prefer AMD because of price and preformence. This is turing in to a chevy vs. Ford argument. I was just making a point, not a war

Last edited:
Back