• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this about all I can expect for $1800 (Asus Strix G16.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Looking at an Asus open box at MC. Is this what you can expect for the price. ($1784)

Things I want Win 11 Pro, at least 1TB, 32GB Ram and at least a 4070...staying under $2K. I think this will charge thru USB C which I need also. That is something I'll confirm.

Any input appreciated. I'll be going down to my local Wednesday. They have 2 open box one missing parts one with all the parts both with some warranty.

My needs are to play all the latest titles so my PC's can run fah uninterrupted.

W11 doesn't come on both...or are you missing some feature in Pro that Home doesn't have?

The Num pad on the Asus mouse pad seemed cool, but I'd bet it would end up being an RMA. The Lenovo seems to be a nice notebook after reading the spec, way more than I would buy. I don't game on my notebooks because I usually won't pay for the mobile GPU. I'm currently using a Dell 6th gen i7 with a quadro 1000m that's geforce equivalent is a ~GTX 960.

Enjoy that new notebook! Looks like a nice one!

The Num pad on the Asus mouse pad seemed cool, but I'd bet it would end up being an RMA. The Lenovo seems to be a nice notebook after reading the spec, way more than I would buy. I don't game on my notebooks because I usually won't pay for the mobile GPU. I'm currently using a Dell 6th gen i7 with a quadro 1000m that's geforce equivalent is a ~GTX 960.

Enjoy that new notebook! Looks like a nice one!
Thanks, I did end up getting the Lenovo today...:cool:

It's taken a while to uninstall crap and customize it. Not sure how I am going to get it past the boss... :cautious: Currently hidden in the mancave.

Clandestine shopping! I like it! In a few months your response to a question about it should be "What? This old thing?" lol

Can any one suggest a USB C charger that would charge a Lenovo Legion. My Pixelbook USB C isn't doing it (It's maybe 25W or so. The PBook was nice as it would even charge on my phone charger.

I am trying to avoid the monstrous proprietary charger.

No this one...Just checking that it the legion DC cord fits.. Oh I need to add a $10 tip...(y)

Checking to see if this would work...I currently have the closest receptacle filled. This would replace my 2 USB C's and add the DC for the laptop , so better than what I have. Apparently no C charger will allow gaming on a 4070. Adding a surge protector to increase capacity....No worries on what is plugged in as I am well below the 1800 W capacity of the receptacle.

Last edited:
The Legion after a month of use has been excellent for gaming (and 5mill f@h when idle) glad I got it. :geek:

I would recommend a cheaper one tho....:unsure:

Back