• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have a memory related question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BagelBits

Need to at the very least figure out the correct questions to ask on this one...

These guys have this server: http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13247_na/13247_na.pdf

2 days ago they bought 288GB worth of 16GB 2Rx4 1333 Low Voltage memory. However the system only shows 188GB installed....

They gave me the DRAM to test for them, all of the modules passed testing... however some are showing up as 1066. Would this be the reason 100GB of memory is not being seen???

I know they are using linux.... not sure which one yet, waiting for them to get back to me...

What processor is installed? I work on HP servers for a living and the amount of memory and speed is determined by the processor installed... If it's Linux I'm assuming its a VMware ESX host?

Give me the exact specs and I can help you.

We utilize DL380's and put over 500GB of memory, so it's a config/pairing issue.

Is it showing 188GB installed in the BIOS or in the OS/hypervisor?

Also like TechJunky said, the amount of memory recognized is dependent on the processor, so we need to know which one is installed.

Back