• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HEatshrink question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nick Burns

Your company's computer guy
I just ordered some sleeving equipment from svc.com. My question is, their heatshrink options are 3/8" and 3/4" options. I bought the 3/4" but what size, of these two, which is best for sleeving everything on a power supply except for the atx connector.

If you email them quick, they might be able to switch it out for ya... Thats the only drawback about them in times like this. They ship freaking fast! :D

Or keep hold of the heatshrink and use it to perhaps make your own rounded IDE cables :D

1" for atx, 1/2" for molex+power.

The width is the actual width of the shrink. Most widths will shrink 3:1 so they shrink a good amount.

1/4" is good for several wires and 1/8" sleaving.

1/8" is only good for single wires and terminals like on LED's. It wont fit over sleaving.

is it the adheasive lined heat shrink? cuz thats the best stuff to sleeve things with. and comes in handy when making diy el wire things (el wire is moisture sensitive and should be sealed )

Back