• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help¡ Intel Pentium D Overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blake28

Hi Everybody.

Im new here in the forum...this is pretty cool... jajaja
Ok here is the thing:

I got a Intel Pentium D 820 @ 3.2GHz but i cant pass beyond the point of 3.2 ghz... the processor are at 1.34V and if i go beyond this, the pc doesnt boot up. the latency of the memorys are 4-4-4-12 @ 1.7v and the motherboard only supports to overclock the the FSB speed and Vdimm via BIOS, doesnt supports to Overvolt the CPU, or move the multiplier... I want to Overclock it but doesnt boot up beyond the 3.2 Ghz and i dont know whats the problem, the temps are 26ºC idle and 42ºC Full load using prime95.

I need help please, any comments are welcome and grateful
Thanks... blake

sounds like you need a boardwith vcore controll :(

:) thnks, but what else do you recommend to do with what I have, this is a mb ECS RC410L-800-M(2) and i wanna hit, at least, 3.8 ghz stable.

thanks
blake

jajaja im sure about it... :) but i have a cooler master 212+ with 2 fans
at 3.2 ghz (stable) when idle its 25-28c, and full load prime95 large FFTs its about 42-44 c. The problem here is that I cant go beyond 3.2 ghz. What else do you recommend to do. I really wanna make it... so please help. thanks

What software are you using to monitor temps. I had an 820D in a full tower Lian-Li with 7 fans and a Thermalright xp120 and my idle temps were 42c. Load would spike above 65c.

I have a 212+ with one fan on a E6700 and my temps are higher than that. I do let the mobo manage the fan speed though.

I can't help in OCing the 820D as I had enough trouble managing temps at stock clocks let alone at OC. Plus I'm getting old and I forget stuff a lot.:)

Last edited:
jejeje :) im using the Everest Ultimate edition 5.50 and speed fan, but I think speed fan it is not reliable at all... in everest the reading temps are 27c idle and full are 44c is the maximum the processor has reached in large FFT in prime95 during 20 min at 3.20 ghz.
P.D: room temperature is about 22 c

:p maybe you think I'm annoying, but I really want to overclock this processor that I have to get the maximum possible out of it... any help?
thanks. :)

:confused: so?? somebody here can help me whit my big trouble please?? :shrug:

thanks

Back