• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Me Choose

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PrineTime

It's been awhile since I've had some cash or time even to consider upgrading my video Card....I have currently a GeForce TI 4200 considering playing BattleField 2 and some of the new HalfLife 2 mods coming out...DoD source etc

I see that CompUSA has GeForceFX5500 256mb for 79 bucks...I also see that Circuit City has ATI 9800 pro 128meg for 169...I have a 50 gift card to Compusa and can get them to match the cc price if I decide to go that route..

but my question is will either of these cards get me any bang for my buck compared to the card I already have?? and are either of these prices any good? anyone know of anything better out there??? I'd like to keep it less than 200 for sure..but the lower the better

Thanks, It's been awhile...

9800 hands down :) Although I'm not too familiar on the pricing issue sorry

9800 pro, make sure it isn't a 128bit card though there were a couple of those, I'm just not sure if they would have it at CC.

Back